Tempered Glass for the 950xl

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Tried the Ultimate shield tempered glass and, although their top notch quality, it also doesn't work :(

WP_20160425_17_27_14_Pro.jpg

fortunately their attention to the customer is 5 stars, and they will refund me (I always used their products in the past...with success). A very good brand...but for our 950Xl... the same problem.

Next...I will try the Nillkin mentioned above.

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Can confirm the Nillkin part. I am actually buying several of them.
I am using the second one (because the first one was scratched out of box). The first one would stik to all edges perfectly. The second one is showing a SMALL imperfection on the upper left edge. I found that by simply having a rubberband warpped around it over night, it will kind of stay on. The reason is, that the Nillkin Glass is REALLY only 0,2mm thin. Not like the imposters claiming it and sending you a plain old 0,33mm glass ;)

Besides that, the touch of the Nillkin is sensational - better than original. It is only such a pitty that they are using such a weird shape. It would most certainly not be a problem to have at most the proximity sensor excluded. The left hole for the iris scanner light is 100% not necessary, also the iris scanner camera and front camera would 100% be fine under the glass. So it could use a much nicer shape. Unfortunately I think I will not be successful recommending them to do so...

Still, I can recommend the Nillkin Glass protector for the Lumia 950XL.

BrianLeeRussell

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I have Mr Shield ordered Amazon. It sometimes comes up on the corn but I push the it back down. I had some other brand that was awful. But really like the Mr. Shield one. If I hold my phone toward the light to me it looks like the corners are not flat so I actaully didn't think any glass screen protector would work.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
For those of you having an issue with the edges coming up, have you tried using a hair dryer on low heat? Hold it over the protector once you have it attached for about 5-10 minutes with slow sweeping motions (must be done immediately after applying). It worked great for a Mr Shield that I used on one of my previous phones (I had used others on it and they would come up so thought I would try applying heat right after I get it installed, seems to help).

That being said, it sounds like the Nillkin is the one to get although I prefer the glass protectors to be .33 vs .2 thickness.

rishm

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Nillkin design seems better as it keeps the Iris and proximity sensor open - I picked up Vipar and the Iris, proximity sensor (for calls and Glance) don't work. Iris is covered and I think that adds to the lag and more failures to detect.

I am waiting for the Nillkin stock to show up in India.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Stupid question: Is tempered glass easy to remove whenever I want to do so? Any problems with residue or ruining the phone's actual glass underneath?

Also, was the conclusion here that only the Nillkin protectors worked the way they should?

Thanks

Last edited:

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Stupid question: Is tempered glass easy to remove whenever I want to do so? Any problems with residue or ruining the phone's actual glass underneath?
Also, was the conclusion here that only the Nillkin protectors worked the way they should?
Thanks
Yes, easy to remove, no messing up.
Yes, working best of all tried glass ones (and I tried many, believe me).

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The Incipio tempered glass product that is sold for $20 at the Microsoft Store works well for my 950XL with almost no issues ("almost" because a speck of dirt somehow snuck under a corner and does cause intermittent air bubbles that I smooth out easily enough).

Interesting. I considered trying the Incipio one but a post on Page 1 of this thread said it lifted at the corners. Not to mention several reported issues in this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...156-best-950xl-9h-glass-screen-protector.html

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I considered trying the Incipio one but a post on Page 1 of this thread said it lifted at the corners. Not to mention several reported issues in this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...156-best-950xl-9h-glass-screen-protector.html

"The MS one is the Incipio Plex. It comes with an alignment template that could work as a bumper case after installing the glass. The glass protector itself doesnt sit completely flush on the screen, the top left edges around the Hello light and bottom left corner doesn't seal completely, though I might be at fault for the bottom left corner having trapped a piece of dust in there. It is very minor and not noticeable with daily use."

That pretty well describes my experience. It's a great screen protector and has a snap-on alignment tool that helps with the application. Bottom line: different folks will have different results based on the installation area. The cleaner/clearer the installation area (and screen) is, the better the end result. :)

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Bought Mr. Shield and my right side corners dont stick well.

I think the problem is our phone and not the protector.

Bought Mr. Shield for my wifes LG G4 at the same time as my 950xl. Hers sticks perfectly.

SemperfiV12

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The store told me the warranty is protected from screen cracks and shatters. I also purchased an extra 1yt warranty just for this case. Anyway you shouldn't worry about scratched on g4 glasses unless you need anti glare.

The manufacturer warranty does NOT cover screen cracks and shatters... "Microsoft Complete" and Warranty are NOT the same things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster