Tempered Glass for the 950xl

cocopops

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
As I said, I could not stand it anymore. No fault on the products side, it is great and I will still recommend it :)

Thanks bud, trying to understand what about it you couldn't stand anymore.. I would like to order one but gotta make sure before hand as the shipping is very expensive to South africa..

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks bud, trying to understand what about it you couldn't stand anymore.. I would like to order one but gotta make sure before hand as the shipping is very expensive to South africa..
It is on top. Has edges, is visible. Problem lies in my eyes. As I said, it is as good as it will get.
If the shipping is expensive, I would get several ;)

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
+100 for the Nilkin, IME this is the ONLY one that's thin enough to keep from peeling, with the slight curvature of the 950XL.
Mine is a few months now, zero issues on the edges or elsewhere, not even a tiny bit of bubbling or peeling, anywhere.
I have one of the TPU cases too, that "edges" up against the protector, also not an issue, with my Nilkin install.

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
The curves exist by design. They are in every 950XL. It is probably the result of the way the phone is assembled. The corners are pulled back. This is also the cause of the squeaking sound in some of the back covers. I had my first 950XL replaced within 5 minutes as it made sound when I grabbed it hard. Thankfully, I had not left the store yet, so they just gave me another set without a "warranty replacement".

Chi28n2k

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I use a Mr. Shield, and use the adhesive hinges to apply mine now. I have no lifting, and even though I've dripped this last one, and cracked it, the screen looks cracked because there's no lift, and the cutouts for every sensor are perfectly matched

Grimwar

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Ordered the Nilikin yesterday.

I got the Incipio PLEX SHIELD Works Great. Very simple to apply, fool prove even.
Then I relised I needed camera protection. I visited a local phone store and asked for a cheap tempered glass screen and that I wanted to cut it up, Very high insight on the shop assistant, she informed me that glass is to brittle to cut, but try a plastic option. So I bought a iPhone 6s plastic cover.
A Euro 50 cent coin is a perfect match as a template, to cut up the iPhone protector.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, my Nillkin gets here tomorrow. Have trashed 2 others (different brands) so far because they looked so awful. Been using tempered glass protectors for years but all of the sudden I'm nervous about putting this one on. Fingers crossed.

Dreamagain

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys seems like the Nillkin is the way to go. Just bought my 950 XL a few days ago off eBay new.. excited to get it! I also purchased 2 MOZO cases. So my question is do you guys know if the mozo case and the nillkin will cause any type of issues working together?

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Lu...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3570072

I'm using these in which the whole back comes off and seems to even replace the volume/power buttons etc.

Thanks~

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
There isn't enough mass to the Nillkin to interfere with anything. I have a case that comes over the lip to the outsides of the glass and even that doesn't matter. Your Mozo case shouldn't even contact the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon