04-02-2016 09:47 PM
57 123
tools
    My 950 XL doesn't have it on Windows 10 (10586.36) but my Lumia 920 has it in the same build (10586.36). I'm guessing it should be coming at some point.

I'm going to look for the feed and upvote it in the meanwhile.
    i've seen the same thing. Works fine on my L920. Unfortunately, this tells me it's hardware related, and may never come for the 950 series
    12-23-2015 08:26 AM
    Double tap to wake is a favorite of mine. I'll most likely skip on picking up the 950 or the XL it doesn't come, unless I win it from the WC give-away :)
    12-23-2015 09:55 AM
    Nope, it wasn't planned at all. Microsoft might reconsider if there's a lot of feedback.

When I look to my 950 lacking double tap to wake and FM radio, I'm starting to think it's a glorified 640 :/
    Probably just a feature that wasn't ready by the time the phone shipped.

I expect it to make an appearance later.
    i've seen the same thing. Works fine on my L920. Unfortunately, this tells me it's hardware related, and may never come for the 950 series
    Rubino continues to think that it's coming at a later point in time. And we have no reason to believe otherwise...

anthonyng and xandros9 like this.
    12-23-2015 10:42 AM
    Rubino continues to think that it's coming at a later point in time. And we have no reason to believe otherwise...
    Still annoying that they don't just tell us themselves what's up!
    12-23-2015 01:11 PM
    It is a problem with Windows Hello and the sensors. Probably they will add a switch to select hello or double tap.
    12-23-2015 01:27 PM
    It is a problem with Windows Hello and the sensors. Probably they will add a switch to select hello or double tap.
    Don't see a reason why you can't have both thus far.
    12-24-2015 01:09 PM
    Mine was advertised to have it (Norway) by the local operator.
    01-06-2016 08:33 AM
    Nope, it wasn't planned at all. Microsoft might reconsider if there's a lot of feedback.

When I look to my 950 lacking double tap to wake and FM radio, I'm starting to think it's a glorified 640 :/
    It does have an FM Radio.
    01-06-2016 08:55 AM
    Has anyone noticed on the 950XL (maybe on the 950 as well) that if you double tap the navigation bar at the bottom in a blank area, it turns the screen off? i can't find any option to turn it off and its kind of annoying if i go to press the back button more than once really quickly in that if i miss the back button, it just turns my screen off. i know this is the exact opposite thing of what people want, but i'm trying to find out if anyone knows how to turn it off.

Edit: I'm an *****. I post this and then almost immediately find the setting under "Lock Screen" options. My bad everybody. In any case, you'd think if you can have double tap to sleep, you should be able to do double tap to wake.
    01-06-2016 02:16 PM
    Everyone should go into the Windows Feedback app, search for "double", and upvote every double tap related item they have.
    01-20-2016 12:57 PM
    I have, but like complaining about the circles in the people app, as did many others, during the preview, it has done little. Did not know to complain about Double tap as I did not think the cheap little 635 could support "Double." They did not change the circles, and have not brought "Double" to the 950s. I was stunned that double tap did not work, disappointed to lose "Here", infuriated that I lost Visual Voice mail. It is like getting a new super car, without headlights. You just expect the standard features. So I voted, sent the XL back. Just keep using my 8.1 1020. Looking more like an Android future.
    01-20-2016 04:53 PM
    Doesn't make sense since they did add double-tap-to-sleep. I want double-tap-to-wake working on the Glance screen or if display is off to go directly to the Lock screen. Pressing the power button is a pain on the XL and I have a feeling the button will eventually give out due to too many presses. I have already posted the request on Windows Feedback as well as up voting the other requests there.
    01-20-2016 08:00 PM
    Don't see a reason why you can't have both thus far.
    550 has no Windows Hello so why this has no Double Tab?
    01-21-2016 03:42 AM
    Doesn't make sense since they did add double-tap-to-sleep. I want double-tap-to-wake working on the Glance screen or if display is off to go directly to the Lock screen. Pressing the power button is a pain on the XL and I have a feeling the button will eventually give out due to too many presses. I have already posted the request on Windows Feedback as well as up voting the other requests there.
    You are right the New Button Design is a Pain... I don't get there Point here... 1520 was Bigger and Normal Button Layout worked fine!
    Double Tab would be a great Solution for the Button Layout Problem...
    01-21-2016 03:45 AM
    the keys arrangement is good. you will love it if you have adapted it.
    01-21-2016 05:13 AM
    Tried to love it for a month, sent XL back. No button arrangement is a substitute for tap to wake. 1020 running 8.1.
    Grodelj likes this.
    01-21-2016 08:20 AM
    godammmiittt!!!! I keep double tapping my 950XL to wake it up! GRRRRRRRRRR!!

EDIT: I've done it about 10 times already today alone.
    jeronimo21 likes this.
    01-26-2016 04:57 PM
    Has anyone noticed on the 950XL (maybe on the 950 as well) that if you double tap the navigation bar at the bottom in a blank area, it turns the screen off? i can't find any option to turn it off and its kind of annoying if i go to press the back button more than once really quickly in that if i miss the back button, it just turns my screen off. i know this is the exact opposite thing of what people want, but i'm trying to find out if anyone knows how to turn it off.

Edit: I'm an *****. I post this and then almost immediately find the setting under "Lock Screen" options. My bad everybody. In any case, you'd think if you can have double tap to sleep, you should be able to do double tap to wake.
    Lol there is a big difference. For it to wake with a double tap the touch layer in the screen has to be on all the time in some kind of state. When you put it to sleep you are using your phone so it's already on.
    01-26-2016 05:24 PM
    Tried to wake up the 950/XL with double tap always while playing around with it for a while.

can't go back waking up my device via button

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    midnightfrolic likes this.
    01-26-2016 05:40 PM
    I think they simply lack the needed hardware.
    Wait what? I think its only a question of kernel.

Even on the old m7 htc was able to do it after the kernel modification...

godammmiittt!!!! I keep double tapping my 950XL to wake it up! GRRRRRRRRRR!!

EDIT: I've done it about 10 times already today alone.
    Why? just hover your hand/palm whatever above the sensor... and the glance screen comes up... for me its even better than the double tap just for a fast check...

As for the unlock... yeah...double tap would be great :D
    Last edited by xandros9; 03-08-2016 at 06:25 PM. Reason: merging
    02-11-2016 09:12 AM
    Good to know 950XL doesn't have double tap that works great on my $30 640 LTE. No wonder MS has failed in mobile competition. There must be reason. This is it.
    03-08-2016 04:54 AM
    Good to know 950XL doesn't have double tap that works great on my $30 640 LTE. No wonder MS has failed in mobile competition. There must be reason. This is it.
    And it also has tap to sleep, thus dispelling the thought that you could not have both. Glance works well, also. Back come off, just like the XL.
    If it had a better camera, I might start carrying it.

XL went back, carrying 1020 w/8.1.
    03-08-2016 04:16 PM
    And it also has tap to sleep, thus dispelling the thought that you could not have both. Glance works well, also. Back come off, just like the XL.
    If it had a better camera, I might start carrying it.

XL went back, carrying 1020 w/8.1.
    Why not update to w10 then?
    03-09-2016 03:14 AM
    Afraid it will screw my 1020, it did in the early, early 2015 previews, and I do not like the circles in the people app. Yes, I sent in and upped others who complained about the circles, see how well that worked. See no advantage for the 1020. I am open to it, if someone has a reason.

The 640 is running 10.
    03-09-2016 04:53 PM
    I don't think it is. But what I do think will be cool to have is following scenarios:

1) Wake up phone with power button - Windows Hello is auto activated
    2) Wake up phone with double tap - Windows Hello is auto activated
    3) Wake up phone when on call or listening music - Windows Hello is only activated when you long press Start button.

This will solve SO many issues with Windows Hello and its sensors.
    03-10-2016 06:28 AM
57 123