Just received an update

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

That is not correct. Quoting WMPu doesn't make it a fact. For the same information, Windows Central was ALSO confused then amended the article concerning the Insiders/Non-Insiders issue.

Based on facts: checked on my device and on WDRT, even after a HR, no .36. Besides, no mention from MS of .36 being pushed to retail devices. .36 is named "Preview" when you d/l it on your device.

Latest official build for 950/XL/550 is 10586.29.

950 and XL can enroll to the Insider Program and then get .36, but that's another story.

Didy_950XL

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
The firmware is up to date but not the OS, you can try to do a hard reset and then check for updates or still waiting for the update to appear.

I did hard reset (with recovery tool) and it seem that it didn't fix my Wifi Problem. Only thning that is "new" is .11 version of OS.
I dont understand if .29 is last upadate, why recovery tool gave me .11??

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 950 XL Unlocked Variant UK, non insider running 10586.29. The firmware update package doesn't appear to be available yet. Using WDRT, it shows the available firmware version is the same as what's installed on my device currently, even the software (OS) version available is a couple of revisions behind on the server (likely 10586.0/11). Unless WDRT shows it available you won't be getting any Windows Update notification yet, no matter how many times you smash that "Check for updates" button.

2015-12-24.jpg

I certainly wouldn't hard reset, just be patient.

Just for reference, WDRT makes web requests to the following locations:

api.swrepository.com
softwarerepo.blob.core.windows.net

If the firmware package isn't on Microsoft's servers, don't expect an update notification coming just yet.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
If the firmware package isn't on Microsoft's server, don't expect an update notification coming just yet.
Not completely true. There are cases where the software version on the WDRT server is older than the latest firmware which can only be installed OTA (Lumia 920 from Rogers CA and Lumia 925 from LTA MX CV are the known examples).

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
That is not correct. Quoting WMPu doesn't make it a fact. For the same information, Windows Central was ALSO confused then amended the article concerning the Insiders/Non-Insiders issue.

Based on facts: checked on my device and on WDRT, even after a HR, no .36. Besides, no mention from MS of .36 being pushed to retail devices. .36 is named "Preview" when you d/l it on your device.

950 and XL can enroll to the Insider Program and then get .36, but that's another story.

I agree - I think WMPower was confused. Gab said 36 was based upon feed back from insiders and consumers not build was for both. As you said in Gabe's blog he clearly called it a preview build.

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Not completely true. There are cases where the software version on the WDRT server is older than the latest firmware which can only be installed OTA (Lumia 920 from Rogers CA and Lumia 925 from LTA MX CV are the known examples).

Fair enough. An exception to the rule in this case, but as Microsoft themselves stated, this is a staggered roll out, so the fact its not appearing on CV UK devices, doesn't surprise me.

WoodyPWX

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
So today, I gave myself and my Lumia 950xl SS (from Germany) a Christmas gift. I left insiders, used WDRT to flash it to .11 but with the latest firmware, then updated to .29 and reentered Insiders to update to .36. Finally, I have both the latest firmware and OS :) It took a while to set everything as I had it before as not all the settings is successfully restored from backup. That's another thing iOS does better. Yet my iPhone 6+ 64GB is still on the shelf (for about a month).

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I did hard reset (with recovery tool) and it seem that it didn't fix my Wifi Problem. Only thning that is "new" is .11 version of OS.
I dont understand if .29 is last upadate, why recovery tool gave me .11??

Because on WDRT builds are not updated as frequent as OTA updates, only few times a year, it's for recovery purpose.

the-scotsman

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site

I know of plenty 950 XLs which have received .36 who are not on the Insider program, so it's definitely not Insider only.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I saw to, but most said they were previously in it. I tried and left Insider program then went to "About" in the insider app and it still said I was in fast track even though said I left. There maybe a bug in actually leaving the program. Other than that people are obviously seeing different things on recovery tool on whats on server atleast on there side.

KennyMcCormack

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't matter what I do, I can't upgrade to.36. Beginning to wonder if there is a defect in the OTA that keeps giving me that stupid error while trying to prepare to install.

muness

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Same with me. I tried insider fast, slow...even uninstalled the app. no updates after .29 for me

I ended up using the WPDR tool to go back to .0 then installed Windows Insider, update finally found .36. After install, I reset my phone and restored the backup I had from .29.

Sent from mTalk

mranieri

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
ok I am confused....I just connected to the recovery tool ad it found software on server. I proceeded to download and install the software and the phone reset. Now I am showing 10586.0 and firmware 29005??

Just checked the updates and .29 is there ready to download but is the firmware right? The recovery tool says it is up to date??

KennyMcCormack

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
ok I am confused....I just connected to the recovery tool ad it found software on server. I proceeded to download and install the software and the phone reset. Now I am showing 10586.0 and firmware 29005??

Just checked the updates and .29 is there ready to download but is the firmware right? The recovery tool says it is up to date??

What device are you using? My 950xl is showing - 1078.00027.15506.02008.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss