Outlook Tiles behaving strangely!

Verner

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

As you can see from the screen shot, I have 3 email accounts setup on my Lumia 950 XL.
A Hotmail Account, a Yahoo Account and a POP3 Account.
The Notifications to tell me how many emails I have received are behaving strangely.
The Hotmail one behaves perfectly and resets after I have been and looked at the emails. However since Saturday the Yahoo and Pop3 ones do not reset, they just keep adding to the number already there. For example I have 2 new emails, I read them. It still says I have 2 new emails. I then get another new email and it changes to 3 new emails.....
I have removed and recreated them several times but this does not solve the problem.

Anyone any ideas?

Best wishes,

DaFfY

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
me too now, has been working fine until the last update for Mail and Calendar.

but its only 1 of my 3 email accounts.......

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have two accounts, one POP3 (personal) and one Corporate MS Exchange (work). My personal account, the tile updates normally. My work account, the tile will update when new e-mails come in, but I'm experiencing the same issue where after I've read the e-mails, the tile does not reset.

Nothing I've tried works except for unpinning the tile and the pinning it back again. This will reset the tile, but as soon as I get new e-mails, the same thing happens.

The only thing I haven't tried is deleting the work account and adding it back. Probably won't try that right away in the hopes there will be an update that fixes the issue first.

-Skippy

dowland

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I've been experiencing the same issue. Two POP3 Accounts, with one the live tile resets after reading emails, the other one just keeps clocking up and the only way to reset it appears to be to remove the tile and add it again... Good to know it's not just me, but I hope they come up with a fix for this, very annoying...

dowland

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
For those of you with this issue, it would be interesting for you to check your email accounts list and the order they appear. I have 3 accounts setup, 2 pop3 and one hotmail account. The order they appear in the accounts list is pop3 account 1, hotmail, pop3 account 2. The live tile that is not updating correctly relates to pop3 account 1 which is the first in the accounts list... It would be interesting to see if your tiles that do not reset correctly are also the first in your accounts list...

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
For those of you with this issue, it would be interesting for you to check your email accounts list and the order they appear. I have 3 accounts setup, 2 pop3 and one hotmail account. The order they appear in the accounts list is pop3 account 1, hotmail, pop3 account 2. The live tile that is not updating correctly relates to pop3 account 1 which is the first in the accounts list... It would be interesting to see if your tiles that do not reset correctly are also the first in your accounts list...

The account I'm having the issue with is the first account in the list.

-Skippy

dowland

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Based on the replies from zei20t and Skippy07 then perhaps it isn't to do with the order of the accounts, maybe its the order that the accounts are setup on the phone instead... I think the account I set up first is the one with the issue on the live tile, the other two added afterwards appear to be fine.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Been having the same problem since a few days ago with a linked inbox for Gmail and outlook. Just unlinked them to see which account is the problem one. Turns out it's outlook. Pinning and unpinnning temporarily clears it. Then its back to just going up again even when all items are read. WTH! It's gettrung annoying and I don't think hard reset is going to fix it as a thread in the 950 forum indicates not, by one user.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I suffered the same thing last night, noticed that my main email account showed 3 notifications, and my OUTLOOK APP showed 5 notifications. the other 6 email accounts pinned to the START screen showed nothing. I tried opening/closing, pin/unpin, power off/on, numerous soft resets, all to NO avail. This morning they were still their (3 & 5 notifications on the respective tiles), so I went to my desktop to check if I could spot any like of discrepancies/abnormalities, I didn't see any. Also, their were NO "new" emails for the night, and this is very unusual, so I thought maybe something might be wrong overall - so I used one account, to email another account (from the desktop), to see if I was able to send/receive emails. I went downstairs to my phone (950XL) to see if I had received the email, and Surprise, Surprise...1 email notification on the tile that I sent the email to, no other notifications any where else. Been fine the rest of the day, so far...knock on wood!

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I've tried everything to include unpinning/repining the tile multiple times. Sending email to the account from another computer and checking it there. Nothings working. My Outlook.com email tile still keeps incrementing the received count and never clears. Of course, that's the one email account that you can't remove and re-add either. It's getting frustrating and I'm not in the mood to hard reset only to have it continue happening.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I have two accounts, one POP3 (personal) and one Corporate MS Exchange (work). My personal account, the tile updates normally. My work account, the tile will update when new e-mails come in, but I'm experiencing the same issue where after I've read the e-mails, the tile does not reset.

Same here. Frustrating although it is a minor annoyance. Hopefully an easy fix but who knows when we'll see it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte