Outlook Tiles behaving strangely!

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Since last night's update I have the same problem with my Outlook account on my 640xl. Everything was working fine before the update. Un and re-pinning doesn't help. How difficult is this MS?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Crap man. I'm close to pulling a hard reset to try and clear it up. Don't want to though if it's going to persist.

kwill,

I am trying to prepare myself for a possible inevitable...do you know the proper steps (before and after) for a hard restart? If so, would you care to share?

Also, I have read some posts saying that some are experiencing problems after receiving .36 update, I am still on .29...so, if I do a hard restart, I don't believe it will execute until after I receive a polished update? And like jdballard said: "who knows when we'll see it."

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
kwill,

I am trying to prepare myself for a possible inevitable...do you know the proper steps (before and after) for a hard restart? If so, would you care to share?

Also, I have read some posts saying that some are experiencing problems after receiving .36 update, I am still on .29...so, if I do a hard restart, I don't believe it will execute until after I receive a polished update? And like jdballard said: "who knows when we'll see it."

Just ensure that you perform a backup in Settings, Backup. Then when you hard reset and boot back up, it'll ask to sign into your MSFT account. From there you'll be able to choose which backup to use for the restore. Not sure of what impact being on .29 will have. I'm on .36 though. Not sure what you meant by "don't believe it will execute until...."

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what you meant by "don't believe it will execute until...."

MY BAD, meant to say "don't believe I will execute (a hard reset) until I get the .36 update.

kwill, Thank you for the information you provided me. I'm just so aggravated I can SCREAM (again!!!), having the worst time with my bluetooth, grrrrrr!

Hard Reset is located in: SETTINGS => SYSTEM => ABOUT => RESET YOUR PHONE , correct?

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
MY BAD, meant to say "don't believe I will execute (a hard reset) until I get the .36 update.

kwill, Thank you for the information you provided me. I'm just so aggravated I can SCREAM (again!!!), having the worst time with my bluetooth, grrrrrr!

Hard Reset is located in: SETTINGS => SYSTEM => ABOUT => RESET YOUR PHONE , correct?

Ahh, got it now. Yeah, you may want to wait for the .36 update. But, who knows when it will go out (think it's Insider's only now).

And yes, you have the right location for the hard reset. You're most welcome also.

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I got tired of clearing the message counts by unpinning the tile and re-adding it back, so I decided to remove the account with the issue and add it back. After doing this, I sent a couple messages back and forth between my two e-mail accounts to confirm that the issue was resolved and it is working correctly now.

Hopefully it will continue to work correctly going forward.

-Skippy

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue but only when I pin the seperate tiles...one Hotmail an one exchange for work. This issue was resolved until last nights outlook mail/calender update...gremlin is back. so I have unpinned the tiles and only pin outlook mail...that works so far...until new update. I am a strong winmobile supporter but this back and forth not working/working apps are nonsense.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I got tired of clearing the message counts by unpinning the tile and re-adding it back, so I decided to remove the account with the issue and add it back. After doing this, I sent a couple messages back and forth between my two e-mail accounts to confirm that the issue was resolved and it is working correctly now.

Hopefully it will continue to work correctly going forward.

-Skippy

That's my problem, the email account with the issue is my Outlook account. Which apparently can't be deleted and readded. Now there was an update to Outlook Mail and Calendar, which I was sure would resolve the problem. But, it made it worse. Now my work email (which is a Gmail hosted account) and Outlook are both doing the same thing. However, I did delete and re-add the work account and that resolved the problem. But, there is no way to remove Outlook and re-add it.

I have the same issue but only when I pin the seperate tiles...one Hotmail an one exchange for work. This issue was resolved until last nights outlook mail/calender update...gremlin is back. so I have unpinned the tiles and only pin outlook mail...that works so far...until new update. I am a strong winmobile supporter but this back and forth not working/working apps are nonsense.

Totally with you on this one. Makes no sense that such basic things keep breaking. C'mon man! Been a supporter for a LONG time also, and it's becoming slightly frustrating.

Verner

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I have done a full reset and even used Windows Device Recovery Tool. It works for a while then reverts back to not updating properly.
This is pee-ing me off!
:-(

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Man, don't tell me that (that it starts acting up again after hard reset). I finally broke down and did one. All is working properly again. If it doesn't stay that way, I'm going to be seriously upset that I wasted time setting my phone up again!

sklinger83

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Don't forget to upvote this bug in the feedback app. Press the power button + volume down at the same time while in the Outlook mail app.

I think MS updated this app and headed off to New Years time off ☺. I bet they roll it back or fix it in a week or so.

Gelo Concepcion

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Man, don't tell me that (that it starts acting up again after hard reset). I finally broke down and did one. All is working properly again. If it doesn't stay that way, I'm going to be seriously upset that I wasted time setting my phone up again!

I think this one has something to do with the latest update of the mail app. It was working fine before the update.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't know who did what....But, all the notification issues seem to have fixed them selves, so it appears. I open an email with a notification, return to the Start screen and the notification count (which was correct, by the way) disappears (even for Yahoo, and MS Outlook App). I didn't do anything, but I am still on .29.

I will update if the gremlins find where I'm hiding my phone.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I think this one has something to do with the latest update of the mail app. It was working fine before the update.

I thought the same. But, I flashed my phone with WRT which put me back on the .29 release (instead of .36). When all apps installed, it updated my mail app to the latest update (could tell because there's the undo button when you delete an email). All has been fine since, tiles updating properly as emails are read.

I don't know who did what....But, all the notification issues seem to have fixed them selves, so it appears. I open an email with a notification, return to the Start screen and the notification count (which was correct, by the way) disappears (even for Yahoo, and MS Outlook App). I didn't do anything, but I am still on .29.

I will update if the gremlins find where I'm hiding my phone.

Maybe it is just being on .29 that keeps the problem from surfacing. Were you ever on .36?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Maybe it is just being on .29 that keeps the problem from surfacing. Were you ever on .36?

No, never on .36.

But did suffer the Outlook Banner notification issues for a while, until yesterday morning, to be exact! Hopefully we have seen the last of that problem:)...NEXT!

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
No, never on .36.

But did suffer the Outlook Banner notification issues for a while, until yesterday morning, to be exact! Hopefully we have seen the last of that problem:)...NEXT!

Ok, I thought that was the case. I'll probably go ahead and put the .36 Insider build back on as it seems the email live tile problem isn't related to the OS build. We'll see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo