Who is in charge of this junk? Seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. Let me start that I have an Lumia 521. It's cheap and I know it, but it does what I need. HOWEVER, no person should have to constantly 'reboot' to clear a bad app. I own an iOS iPad and rarely (I mean rarely) need to shut down and restart to clear a bad app. MS needs to get these issues straight if they plan on putting out good product.

Well I doubt anyone is really having to constantly reboot to blear a bad app..... Just saying, there's a lot a hyperbole being thrown around these days.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is listening. They are watching what is submitted to them via the Windows feedback app on your phone. No one at Microsoft is browsing Windows Central forums looking for people's complaining posts.

Wrong, actually. I made a post a little over a year ago on here about my experience at a local MS store. MS reached out to me regarding the issue. They definitely troll the forums reading posts about them.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Well I doubt anyone is really having to constantly reboot to blear a bad app..... Just saying, there's a lot a hyperbole being thrown around these days.

That's an unfair assumption, it is like me saying those having great success are exaggerating which I do not think is the case, seeing too much "inconsistency" in W10M and W10 desktop and that is why there is such a varying degree of success/fails, it does comes down to personal perception too, I can tell you that my experiences have been far from stellar which is a far cry from what I am use too, guaranteed no hyperbole here nor is it a figment on my imagination.

Have a bit of everything and if the truth be told, I cannot remember the last time my Android, IOS devices needed a reboot to resolve an issue, shoot, even my WPs, PCs and Windows tablets ran fine on their previous OSs (Win7/8.1) right from the get-go, no not ever perfect as nothing is but immensely better than the experiences so far with W10M/W10... Sure things are slowly getting better yet the FIRST impression has already been tarnished.

Last edited:

Tonytoronto2015

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I find it ridiculous that so many people immediately assume that just because someone is posting about problems in a discussion forum (you know, to discuss them) that they haven't already posted in the Feedback app. Some of these bugs have been reported months ago, with hundreds of upvotes, with no improvement whatsoever.

Herein lies the real problem. The majority of them have already BEEN fired. One of Nadella's first big moves was to drastically downscale QA and testing departments in favor of the actual programmers who are working on it doing their own testing. It's one of those financial things that looks good on paper but we're suffering through the downside of it now. It leads to internal biases ('nobody will use that feature that way!') and potential time management issues (how much time do you spend on testing vs programming?), not to mention that testing and development are two different skillsets in the first place.

Sure, now Microsoft has a lot more external users (Windows Insiders) testing, but we don't have access to the same kinds of toolsets that an internal tester might have, besides the problem of a drastically lower signal to noise ratio that the Feedback app exhibits (in comparison to internal testing).

Great point, and they added even more to it by concentrating even more resources into developing apps for IOS and Android, and almost abandoning they own O/S. Many apps we have are half baked solutions, many are absolute garbage when compared to other O/S, including 8.1
Perfect example Cortana, its garbage on WM10, its been getting worst.. They dedicated so many resources to have ios and android versions going, they pretty much left wm10 alone, bugs that existed months ago still exist, they introduce new bugs with every new release. They have killed the windows mobile platform. At least for me they did, proud owner of a new android phone-- that WORKS out of the box, no reboots, no hard resets to get it going and as a bonus, the marshmallow update looks like WM. And icing on the cake; the office apps work better than they ever did on WM.

garyhartaz

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Gary, You are not upset at all that HERE suite of apps is gone? Or no double tap yo wake?

The double tap to wake is part of the button issue IMHO. I wouldn't care about the power button being in between the volume up and down if I could just double tap to wake. Another horrible oversight.

garyhartaz

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Mind blown again today! Microsoft got me on the Insteon kick and I find out today when the app (by Insteon) wouldn't load. Why? Because according to other forums, it doesn't currently support anything beyond the .0 build WM10! How can Microsoft partner with these companies who can't follow through themselves? Never mind, loaded question. I know our Microsoft Store here in Scottsdale, AZ pushes Insteon a lot but I wonder if they even know how many people really won't be able to run their house from their shiny new 950/XL?!?!

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Mind blown again today! Microsoft got me on the Insteon kick and I find out today when the app (by Insteon) wouldn't load. Why? Because according to other forums, it doesn't currently support anything beyond the .0 build WM10! How can Microsoft partner with these companies who can't follow through themselves? Never mind, loaded question. I know our Microsoft Store here in Scottsdale, AZ pushes Insteon a lot but I wonder if they even know how many people really won't be able to run their house from their shiny new 950/XL?!?!

Yep it's ridiculous. Spent a lot of bucks on this stuff and inaccessible on W10. MS is so lost and behind, soon all us fanboys will jump to complete OSes that developers actually support

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
in fact Windows 10 Mobile is an big step back in reliability and confidence, on the Lumia 520 my test phone works awfully bad very slow and even with resets do not really gets any better i have decided do not upgrade my new phone the 640XL to windows 10 untill Microsoft prove that can do better OS AND NOT AN WRECKING ONE , i love Windows Phone but not this awful experience of Windows 10 in "non flagships" even in an lumia 820 the performance is slow as hell and the picture quality an total mess, nothing compared with windows Phone 8.1

i think the problem there is other

the Programm Windows Insider was an very mistake , i will not pretend be favorite in my subject, but somebody knows if at MSFT are testing all the phones with 10? i think they are not, but as has millions of insiders are trusting blindly in them and the majority have not technical knowledge or even reports errors to insiders feedback or uservoice, how come millions of millions of Insiders and the windows 10 experience be the worst one in some devices and in others even be slower than windows 8.1 ? i have used in two models in an 520 and is unusable with 10 and in a 820 which gets an performance similar to the 520 with windows Phone 8.1,

i think was the biggest error this program or probably in wrong hands Apple and Android has similar programs but to get there is harder and not many can get there but looks like in there is more technicians doing their work everyday together with the testers instead of left the insiders alone.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I would like to say that you saying Rebooting phones is common is completely wrong and very bad information. There are a lot of tech ignorant people out there that come here looking for info. they see your name green and labeled MODERATOR and they think "this guys must know what he's talking about". "My phone rebooting 6 times a day must be ok, there is nothing wrong with my phone, rebooting is "normal" ....

No it is NOT. I have several different phones and NONE of them reboot on their own. I think I have seen that happen 2-3 times in the last 4 YEARS on Android and iPhones.. Even my Nokia 1520 and 640 don't reboot on their own for no reason (on 8.1 OS)
So 2-3 times per DAY is giving people bad information. Giving information like that is why people end up keeping a bad device for more than 14 days where they are stuck with it for 2 years or obligated to pay $30 a month for the next 24-30 months.

Reboots may be more common if you are on beta software but the Lumia 950/XL released with non beta software. If the released version is rebooting regularly, then the OS is garbage or the phone is defective and should be returned before the 14 day return period is up.
if the 950 was released with an non beta release then what hell we are doing testing upcoming versions of Windows 10 Mobile if the OS is just finished? should here stop the programm and the delivering of software for insiders since is the stable version just done

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Still say Win10 is not the culprit!!
I've never had to reboot my 640XL running any Insider Version, battery life is very good, never had a call disconnect ect..
I'm so convinced these issues are mainly 950XL hardware issues I decided to give up even waiting for the next round of Pre-Orders and purchased a brand new leftover 1520, should be here in a week.. Not only will it be a bigger display, powerful and glitch free proven true Flagship but I saved myself $450 in the process which I'll just put towards the Surface Phone later next year, it WILL come I have no doubt.

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I've never had to reboot my 640XL running any Insider Version, battery life is very good, never had a call disconnect ect..
I'm so convinced these issues are mainly 950XL hardware issues I decided to give up even waiting for the next round of Pre-Orders and purchased a brand new leftover 1520, should be here in a week.. Not only will it be a bigger display, powerful and glitch free proven true Flagship but I saved myself $450 in the process which I'll just put towards the Surface Phone later next year, it WILL come I have no doubt.

You should read the endless threads about bugs in the Windows 10 TP over the past year.

If you're looking for a reason not to spend the money, sure that works, but to blame the hardware that you've never used is injudicious.

My 950 works perfect, but we're beginning to see that both devices in the 950 series were shipped with multiple firmwares. I can't say how many for certain, but posters have reported at least 5 different firmware builds. The higher numbered firmwares appear to have less or even no issues.

Hopefully this new firmware release fixed most problems.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
My 950 works perfect, but we're beginning to see that both devices in the 950 series were shipped with multiple firmwares. I can't say how many for certain, but posters have reported at least 5 different firmware builds. The higher numbered firmwares appear to have less or even no issues.
Hopefully this new firmware release fixed most problems.

Josh I was going to upgrade to the "950XL" and it seems issues are much greater with the XL. I didn't mention the 950.. Makes you wonder though if any of these issues can be associated with the troubled Snapdragon 810??

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Josh I was going to upgrade to the "950XL" and it seems issues are much greater with the XL. I didn't mention the 950.. Makes you wonder though if any of these issues can be associated with the troubled Snapdragon 810??

Can't be as other phones use the SnapDragon 810 without issue. IMO it is windows 10 mobile that is having problems. IMO Microsoft should have just went with full 32/64 bit windows on the phones with intel chips. This would have been the pure universal experience people would want. No messing with Arm chips and crap universal apps that aren't quite universal. Intel atom chips, big batteries, up to 256GB storage, nice design, continuum, and it would have been a winner IMO. That would be the universal build one app and thats a wrap ecosystem. Just a lightweight Windows for phones and not the windows mobile garbage they have now IMO.

But I have already moved on from windows phone and don't think I'll be returning for other than that.

garyhartaz

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm on the fence on this one. Some of the issues on the 950/XL I have experienced on the 1520 and still do with the latest build. The reboots so far are only on the 950/XL. Obviously the Hello iris light bug is also limited to the new phone series. I am sure there are firmware related issues that can be fixed in conjunction with OS bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077