Who is in charge of this junk? Seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
So this is the start of windows phone? ahhh. I forgot....the 4th restart......windows Mobile to windows phone 7, to 8 now back to Mobile 10.....my old Treo w WM was much more stable than my 950xl....and no I'm not going to apple or android....im gonna suffer through MS BS until this POS gets better as I hate everything else....and no, I'm not gonna be quiet....if u don't like the complaints, too bad....

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
So this is the start of windows phone? ahhh. I forgot....the 4th restart......windows Mobile to windows phone 7, to 8 now back to Mobile 10.....my old Treo w WM was much more stable than my 950xl....and no I'm not going to apple or android....im gonna suffer through MS BS until this POS gets better as I hate everything else....and no, I'm not gonna be quiet....if u don't like the complaints, too bad....

Not the start for me but nearing the end, seeing that "my choice" as to where to purchase has diminished, poor experiences with acquiring accessories/batteries for my three previous WPs, seeing now many notable carriers/retailers slowly thinning out the heard, then top that off with the latest and greatest OS to ever land on earth (W10M) LOL, think it is time for a change. Just seeing how the new OS (in its official state) is purportedly going to roll out to older devices gives me an unsettling feeling, good chance it'll be another "Denim" fiasco but on a larger scale.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Background: Developer, electronics engineer. All in as far as Microsoft goes.

From the 920, to the 1520 and now this heaping pile, I can't believe the 2 steps back attitude someone at Microsoft has. Yes, I have many of the issues posted here and before any of you hardware engineers say it is a faulty device and swap it out, chill. If all of these issues are truly hardware defects, then this is one of the worst deliveries of defective goods ever!

I still can't believe people have to revert to hard resets to address battery drain, etc. I can't think of one time I have had to do this on any other platform.

The biggest thing that ticks me off about this garbage is the button placement. What ergonomic genius though it was a good idea to put the wake/power button in between the volume buttons? Why depart from the layout on the 950? I can't tell you how many times I push the wrong buttons and it has gotten to a point where I am simply just fed up.

The OS is buggy. I still can't go directly to SMS messages from the lock screen, rather I have to stare at a black screen, press the back button then launch the message app. It's been this way for 4 releases now!

Random reboots, camera saving wonkiness, and what in the hell is this Facebook app? It is the worst app ever! Is there anyone at Microsoft in the QA department?

Let's talk about bluetooth streaming. Sometimes it is flawless then out of the blue audio will stutter like a CD is scratched. Hey Microsoft, it's ok to let your testers go to the parking lot to test this stuff out in real cars with real interference, etc.!!

For $800, I expected a flagship phone and what I believe we all got is something in the 1/3 range. Yes, many of you don't have any problems at all *cough* and will want to tell me my hardware is bad but I know it isn't. About the only cool thing is Continuum and even then, getting the WiDi working was even a trick.

SMH. Shame Microsoft shame! Whoever you are paying to QA and lead on this should be fired, seriously. Hire someone who cares!

There is no one left to do the QA as Satya made sure to lay them off.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Ok, you want to play this game?
Chill out with the attitude, I'm not your enemy.

Josh not being rude but you have a different phone then those posting issues here.... you keep telling 950XL users what your 950 doesn't do compared to their 950XL's?? It's not like a iphone S6 vs iPhone s6plus where they are running the same hardware.. The XL runs the Snapdragon octa-core 810 w/Adreno 430 & the 950 runs the Snapdragon hexa-core 808 w/Adreno 418. Previous 810 had heat issues which is why the XL has liquid cooling and the 950 does not.. again not meant to be rude at all but your not comparing apples and apples, nice thing is your apple seems worm free and running nicely for you :)

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Josh not being rude but you have a different phone then those posting issues here.... you keep telling 950XL users what your 950 doesn't do compared to their 950XL's?? It's not like a iphone S6 vs iPhone s6plus where they are running the same hardware.. The XL runs the Snapdragon octa-core 810 w/Adreno 430 & the 950 runs the Snapdragon hexa-core 808 w/Adreno 418. Previous 810 had heat issues which is why the XL has liquid cooling and the 950 does not.. again not meant to be rude at all but your not comparing apples and apples, nice thing is your apple seems worm free and running nicely for you :)

The post I was replying to wasn't even about the XL. It was about the Photos app and on multiple devices apparently.

hwangeruk

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
In other news, bloke on Internet forums whines hard about a bad consumer device experience and expresses overly emotive opinions.
<fx: puts on shocked face>

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yep it's ridiculous. Spent a lot of bucks on this stuff and inaccessible on W10. MS is so lost and behind, soon all us fanboys will jump to complete OSes that developers actually support
Don't assume that isn't the intent. If you are going to kill off a product like W10 mobile, better to kill it with a thousand paper cuts and drive people to jump ship than announce killing it and and looking even worse to the base.

I don't think they want to kill WM10 but if they did, this is a plausible strategy. Better to have 80% of your mobile customers hate you but also feel sorry for you than have 100% hate you and the fanboys literally out for blood.

garyhartaz

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Start this video at the 38:30 mark: https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly/episodes/445?autostart=false

Microsoft's Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Chris Capossela has admitted that the company's latest Windows Phones are not enough to reverse the ailing platform's fortunes. Describing the flagship Lumia 950 as simply "solid," he told host Leo Laporte and Microsoft journalists Mary Jo Foley and Paul Thurrott that the company has a lot more work to do before it can persuade people to "move from an iPhone to one of [Microsoft's] phones."

Solid? Yes, they phone doesn't come apart but operationally speaking....I would not use "Solid" as an adjective to describe this "Flagship" line!

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Being an early adopter is different to being a "beta tester". The same thing happens for many products when they first go to market.

The excuses are getting pathetic. windows phone has been in existence for how long? MS is still introducing products into market?

bilemke

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Yep it's ridiculous. Spent a lot of bucks on this stuff and inaccessible on W10. MS is so lost and behind, soon all us fanboys will jump to complete OSes that developers actually support

Insteon? home automation, lighting, security etc? I tried some of their stuff, still have it here in home somewhere in storage.. Wasn't because MS or anyone selling me on it.. But even with my Lumia 920 before the 950 XL running 8.x or 10.x, their "app" only worked with certain devices or device revisions anyway. App wasn't that good, and they (Insteon) seem to not be supporting an "app" working with all versions of their main controllers that well anyway on other platforms. Last I looked at mine, they noted if the app didn't support the controller, to use a web interface (either NAT from outside, or some new cloud based solution that was web accessible on the Internet, involving your controller/s interacting with their system).

(to not sound hypocritical, I too am considering returning my dual sim 950 XL.. but not because of any given 3rd party app.. Well, not one I didn't already know would work or not work in Win 10 from my own testing on my 920 or didn't trust the company to keep updating for a new Win Phone version).

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I too have spent a lot on their junk.

Insteon's controller apps have been broken long before Windows 10.

Like many "partners", Insteon setup support on WP and Windows 8... then went cold.

There support has been saying they're working on a fix for about a year, and then after W10 was released they claimed they were working on a Universal. I think they're full of it and just telling us what we want to hear.

bilemke

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I too have spent a lot on their junk.

Insteon's controller apps have been broken long before Windows 10.

Like many "partners", Insteon setup support on WP and Windows 8... then went cold.

There support has been saying they're working on a fix for about a year, and then after W10 was released they claimed they were working on a Universal. I think they're full of it and just telling us what we want to hear.

Cool confirmation.

I should note, Insteon as an example of a company that I don't know if they can be sited as a company capable of making a traditional app. I say this, as even their full blown x86/x64 (or 32/64-bit if you want to call it that) Windows app for traditional Windows XP/Vista/7/8.x were not even really there either. This actually remind me how upset they were about the YouTube app MS released after the better one was pulled. They were soooooo upset about the new app that was basically a button that launched the YouTube webpage. Basically a shortcut/favorite/bookmark (take your pick). I have seen plenty of apps in other platforms that were nice web browser frames for a mini web page running on a remote http/etc host and not even local elements. If I wanted to just view html in a different browser, I would be asking for other browser choices. Not "apps" that just put a wrapper around/on a web browser.

The Insteon app for Win phone, btw... Didn't expect much after downloading the zip file with the full Windows app only to find the zip had a bunch of ".DS_Store" files in it (for those of you not or less familiar with Mac OS, -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.DS_Store). Their Mac OS app appeared a fair amount better though. All this makes sense though if you go back into news posts far enough to see the apparent focus on Insteon products being compatible first with Apple HomeKit (and only later starting to support some of the competing standard).

garyhartaz

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Here is a new one this morning on the 950.Pushed picture button and photo app came up BUT the iris scanner lamp stayed on. Took pictures and then put phone back to "lock" mode. Lamp stayed on still. Pushed wake/power button and iris lamp shut off and said it could not recognize me. Had to reboot phone to get Hello to work. I was able to replicate this 3 out of 5 times. This 950 is on build .29 and is ATT branded.

Chick or egg here? Meaning, hardware or software? I bet some would argue to return the phone while others will say it is the OS or even the app. See where this is all going?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb