Firmware update for Lumia 950/950 XL: 01078.00027.15506.020xx

Me Again1

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
I got my L950XL on 24 of November, spent Thanksgiving holiday on it and had to return- TOO MANY problems to put my dependencies on this phone!
I'm using this phone ONLY with futures it comes with: phone, email, calendar, web browsing not often, sms messaging.
No social networks, no movies, no games.
But I keep my attention to this phone, because I like how it works, when it worked.
Now, after more than month, few updates and fixes, I would like to ask few questions people, who in love with this phone and doing much more then me on it:
1) Is it possible to assign different alerts to different email accounts?
2) Is phone still crashing during phone calls thru Bluetooth?
3) How stable camera now?
4) Is it possible to "read sms messages aloud" thru Bluetooth without Cortana enabled, like it was in previous versions of WMP?
5) Is it possible to configure "Quiet Hours" without Cortana?
6) Does Cortana work thru Bluetooth speakers and microphone?
7) Is it still a "Room heater" during charging process?
8) Is battery drained in couple hours, if Cortana with all subservices( location, microphone, etc) enabled, but person in the subway and no GPS access?

This is main problems I had with the phone.

Thank you for your answers!

stonedef

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I got the firmware update overnight. I in the UK, on EE, running .36. I was on the Insider program until I did a reset yesterday morning (due to a few problems I was having) and I didn't bother to reinstall the Insider app

ajprmaverick

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I mean people are saying installing now or whatever sound off how is the firmware working? Did it fix the heat issues battery issues? I am about to throw this phone on the toilet

stonedef

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I cant say about heat or battery issues as I never had any but it seems to have fix my rebooting issues. So far I've not had any *fingers crossed*

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
3) How stable camera now?
5) Is it possible to configure "Quiet Hours" without Cortana?
6) Does Cortana work thru Bluetooth speakers and microphone?

3: I didn't have any issues with it after the FW Update, before it crashed really often because saving the pictures to the SD card I assume.
5: Yes quiet hours works, I use it myself
6: Cortana works with my car (Bluetooth, with for example navigation on the phone or reading out loud text messages), also It works with my MS Band 2 (using the microphone of my Band via bluetooth)

GeorgeMVL

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi I'm from Australia,
With Optus carier and bought the phone 2 days ago.

Got the update .29 and the new firmware on the same day on the first day.

Cheers

Me Again1

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, Penecho!
My questions are: Is it possible to configure "Quiet Hours" without Cortana enabled?
Is it possible to "read sms messages aloud" thru Bluetooth without Cortana enabled, like it was in previous versions of WMP?

prettyconfusd

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
To those who have the update:

It's showing up on the Recovery app, would it be worth me backing up the phone and putting it through device recovery pretty much for the firmware? I'm getting random resets at least twice a day, Hey Cortana and Windows Hello barely work since .36 too.

Or should I just wait it out? I'm away the rest of the week/weekend and then back in work on Monday so only have the time to do a backup and update today...

Answers on a postcard. ;)

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Just to be clear for those in the States. The Windows Device Recovery Tool (WDRT) shows the old version of the firmware (17) rather than the new (27) version. So no use trying to get the firmware in the US using WDRT.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Just bought a new 950xl rom MS store UK this has 01078.00027.15506.020xx on it now after I updated it to .29
maybe the firmware was preloaded I wish I had checked before updating now :?(

nicktramontin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
My wife got the firmware update in the UK on her sim-free 950xl (on EE) but she is on .29 and NOT on the insider build. I am also on a sim-free 950xl on EE but on .36 insider build and have not received the firmware update. I guess it will come at some point soon as the firmware wasn't available on my wife's phone until the 29th December despite people saying it was available sooner.

jeffaz76

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

If you are just as fed up with MSFT after all the years of support on their Windows Phone platform, then go to their MicrosoftStore.com website and post your negative reviews on the product page. This is just not acceptable.

Jack

My Review:I am a MSFT supporter and always have been since Windows Phone 7. I was very excited for the release of the new Lumia 950 XL and dropped over $1300 on two for me and the spouse. The base function, such as Cortana working with Hands-Free in my car is a disaster. It would ask if I want to read the incoming Text, but when I acknowledge, it tries to read back but nothings comes up. Their Bluetooth connectivity took a major step back from the old Lumia 830/1520. Apparently they released this phone with bluetooth 3.0 stack. Now Groove Music doesn't playback properly and song lists no longer displays in my car. I am highly discouraged by the lack of support and rapid fix. Remember the TV ad, "Beta Test Is Over?!?" Well, think again.

Did you try going into bluetooth settings on the phone, then Advanced, then check "Use an alternate bluetooth audio connection for speech"? I have to check that to get speech working correctly. Also might try to see if you can update the car in dash system firmware. I had to do that to get music data to display on the car system.

alodar101

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Are we sure we're all talking the same terms here? I read someone is seeing Firmware, but mentioning the OS build number. Though on occasion we may see new OS builds with new firmware, generally firmware and OS are not the same thing. .29 and .36 are OS builds. the number listed above is a firmware update. Not the same thing. As I recall, firmware used to include 3 parts.....Hardware specific items, Carrier specific items, and OS specific items. I recall that some firmware, may not include all 3, depending on the device....like unlocked devices won't contain specific carrier updates. But.....OS updates, like, new builds, were completely separate from this.....

in theory...so they say....

PS

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Are we sure we're all talking the same terms here? I read someone is seeing Firmware, but mentioning the OS build number. Though on occasion we may see new OS builds with new firmware, generally firmware and OS are not the same thing. .29 and .36 are OS builds. the number listed above is a firmware update. Not the same thing. As I recall, firmware used to include 3 parts.....Hardware specific items, Carrier specific items, and OS specific items. I recall that some firmware, may not include all 3, depending on the device....like unlocked devices won't contain specific carrier updates. But.....OS updates, like, new builds, were completely separate from this.....

in theory...so they say....

PS

People are confising formware version with OS version.

GeorgeMVL

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I think people posted their message in relation to the question raised by the poster.
I my case I received that .00027. firmware and the OS update .29 on the same day.

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3