is Battery life supposed to be this bad?

Wookieekiller

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I came from a lumia 640 and so far the battery life on the 950 xl is terrible. Im using the single sim build .29. Idle time is great, about 1% an hour but usage is terrible, in edge my phone uses about 1% every 2-3 minutes. Also I've been having some weird things going on with battery icon %, sometimes it will say 60% and when I come back after not using my phone for an hour or so it might say 63%. Its done that a few time, other times it will stay on a % for a while then drain a few really fast. Is this a faulty phone or just new phone os issues? Also I have drained and charged a few times to calibrate it as some have recommended.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Any new phone takes few battery cycles to settle down...and the new build improves almost everything...update to latest build 36...iam happy with my 950 battery life and don't restore old data from old phone

garyhartaz

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
My two cents.......HARD RESET your phone. I too waited a week for my battery to magically get better and it didn't. A hard reset fixed everything. IMHO, when I immediately went from .0 to .29, something requires a hard reset for battery life to be better.

Wookieekiller

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I've already hard reset a few times, had it since last Monday and I don't have my email app even setup yet.

EDIT lost 3% just typing out this response and editing it.

anon(5326758)

May 5, 2011
Visit site
check and close background tabs in Edge. Edge doesn't close other tabs, so you have to be diligent about closing old tabs (esp. ad-serving pages, which keep trying to draw ads in the background) .

Wookieekiller

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Yep, I've been keeping my tabs closed. Only ever really have a max of 2-3 open. Usually this site and facebook site is all I do in edge most of the time.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
all 8 cores aren't active at the same time. its 4 cores at once. which 4 depends on how heavy your using the phone.

The 2k screen is a super hog. My battery has settled down and that's the biggest culprit. I get 2-3% standby drain in an hour with iris, location and Bluetooth on in standby. I lost 5% after 25mins just having the screen on and on the start screen.

I'm hoping for some firmware optimizations here but I've come to accept it's a daily charge for this phone.

jazzedmurf

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Probably mirroring what others have said, but my battery life got WAY better once I let the battery cycle a couple times AND (and this is the important one, imho) edited which apps were allowed to run in the background. After that, battery life was on par with other users using iPhones with similar usage patterns as me at a conference we all attended.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Iam getting good battery like with 17 to 18 hrs with medium use have activated windows hello...and like 10 apps on the background...i also have lg g4 which last about 12 hrs with medium use

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I came from a lumia 640 and so far the battery life on the 950 xl is terrible. Im using the single sim build .29. Idle time is great, about 1% an hour but usage is terrible, in edge my phone uses about 1% every 2-3 minutes. Also I've been having some weird things going on with battery icon %, sometimes it will say 60% and when I come back after not using my phone for an hour or so it might say 63%. Its done that a few time, other times it will stay on a % for a while then drain a few really fast. Is this a faulty phone or just new phone os issues? Also I have drained and charged a few times to calibrate it as some have recommended.

All the above don't have to do with the device itself.
They are Windows 10 mobile bugs. I have exactly the same problems on a 730.
Give the OS some time if you have the strength to do so. They will fix them! (sometime)

And no, your device is not faulty, the OS is faulty :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)