Lumia 950XL questions and wishes

Me Again1

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
I got my L950XL on 24 of November, spent Thanksgiving holiday on it and had to return- TOO MANY problems to put my dependencies on this phone!
I'm using this phone ONLY with futures it comes with: phone, email, calendar, web browsing not often, sms messaging.
No social networks, no movies, no games.
But I keep my attention to this phone, because I like how it works, when it worked.
Now, after more than month, few updates and fixes, I would like to ask few questions people, who in love with this phone and doing much more then me on it:
1) Is it possible to assign different alerts to different email accounts?
2) Is phone still crashing during phone calls thru Bluetooth?
3) How stable camera now?
4) Is it possible to "read sms messages aloud" thru Bluetooth without Cortana enabled, like it was in previous versions of WMP?
5) Is it possible to configure "Quiet Hours" without Cortana?
6) Does Cortana work thru Bluetooth speakers and microphone?
7) Is it still a "Room heater" during charging process?
8) Is battery drained in couple hours, if Cortana with all subservices( location, microphone, etc) enabled, but person in the subway and no GPS access?

This is main problems I had with the phone.

Thank you for your answers!

AAD56

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Do yourself a favor and stay away from the 950xl. Will not open email attachments consistently and notably will not open word documents. Cannot get rid of outlook mail and from what see so far you can only link email accounts with outlook. Thus it does not appear that you can have separate notifications. As far as speed goes the 950xl does seem any faster than my 1520 which was a better phone in every aspect. If this is Windows 10 than I suggest waiting for Windows 11 or 12 or whatever cause 10 is not cutting it.

ForVictori

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Do yourself a favor and stay away from the 950xl. Will not open email attachments consistently and notably will not open word documents. Cannot get rid of outlook mail and from what see so far you can only link email accounts with outlook. Thus it does not appear that you can have separate notifications. As far as speed goes the 950xl does seem any faster than my 1520 which was a better phone in every aspect. If this is Windows 10 than I suggest waiting for Windows 11 or 12 or whatever cause 10 is not cutting it.

I am not experiencing any of your issues.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

I can open email and documents fine.

Jaime Salas

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I am not experiencing any of your issues.

Yea I am with ForVictori, haven't had any problems with the phone... Matter of fact I'm using it like how you want to use it AAD56. Doesn't heat up when I am charging it, I have 4 different email accounts on my phone and they all work just fine. Camera works great video recorder works great not a problem in that area either. I have made several phone calls via bluetooth in my car and not a single drop call or phone crash. Now when I try to do speech to text through bluetooth, it sometimes has a problem listening to what I am saying, but that has been the extent of my problem connected via bluetooth. In regards to battery drain, it has been decent... now if I am gaming on my phone and multi-tasking yea I can drop the battery in a couple of hours maybe less, but the standard answer phone calls, text, and search the web? I can go all day without having to charge it at all, until I got to bed of course.

AAD56

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Wish I knew what you are using for Word and excel as I am not the only one with this problem. I am not going to buy the 365 package at $7.99/month.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
I got my L950XL on 24 of November, spent Thanksgiving holiday on it and had to return- TOO MANY problems to put my dependencies on this phone!
I'm using this phone ONLY with futures it comes with: phone, email, calendar, web browsing not often, sms messaging.
No social networks, no movies, no games.
But I keep my attention to this phone, because I like how it works, when it worked.
Now, after more than month, few updates and fixes, I would like to ask few questions people, who in love with this phone and doing much more then me on it:
1) Is it possible to assign different alerts to different email accounts?
2) Is phone still crashing during phone calls thru Bluetooth?
3) How stable camera now?
4) Is it possible to "read sms messages aloud" thru Bluetooth without Cortana enabled, like it was in previous versions of WMP?
5) Is it possible to configure "Quiet Hours" without Cortana?
6) Does Cortana work thru Bluetooth speakers and microphone?
7) Is it still a "Room heater" during charging process?
8) Is battery drained in couple hours, if Cortana with all subservices( location, microphone, etc) enabled, but person in the subway and no GPS access?

This is main problems I had with the phone.

Thank you for your answers!
1, seems cannot
2, don't know the answer. seldom use Bluetooth...
3, very stable. never crashed in more than 300 photos and 50 videos taken
4, don't know the answer. seldom use Bluetooth...
5, don't know the answer. never use this function..
6, yes
7, no. it is not hot when charging
8, battery can stay a very long time when idle. my 950xl used 14% of battery after 19+ hours of idle time

meagain1

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Thank you,peter leung 10586!
MS removed 950XL from the stores.
You cannot get it, and no ETA.
This is answer from all MS stores, including on-line stores.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo