new 950XL... apps taking forever to download

chrisjfinlay

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
So today I finally got my 950XL, and started setting it up. I opted to restore my most recent backup, as I wanted to keep as many of my apps and settings as I could. However, I've been waiting on 82 apps downloading for a couple of hours now, with nothing seeming to move. There were a couple that got installed but since then everything seems to have ground to a halt. I've restarted the phone a few times to try and kick it into gear, but it's all still very slow. Right now the 2 active downloads don't seem to want to start - they have the progress bar, but not moving. I've tried pausing them all and setting them off one-by-one, but they then sit on pending seemingly indefinitely. Same if I cancel and get again from the store.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Think it may be a Store issue on the backend. I downloaded an app today and felt slower and stalled. Will probably fix itself with time.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Remember that the system is installing itself, and checking for updates.

My recommendation: Don't use a backup from WP8.x, or better, don't restore any backup and give the phone some time for finishing the setup (for example, installing the pre-installed apps) before use it.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Stop all your downloads, only update the store app then when that's done, update everything else and it should update quickly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss