Anyone still not getting the 950 XL firmware update?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
What if you just get out of the Insider?
Unfortunately that doesn't work. Opting out from the app simply removes you from the program for all devices including PC. It still leaves the phone enrolled pointing at the wrong server. The only way to really opt a device out is to do a Reset.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately that doesn't work. Opting out from the app simply removes you from the program for all devices including PC. It still leaves the phone enrolled pointing at the wrong server. The only way to really opt a device out is to do a Reset.

Or wait till MS fixes it.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Nothing yet for my 950 XL. I reset it on December 20th and never re-joined insider. I wonder if they are just seeding again because I would hate to do a reset again to get the update.

iosub

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
We insiders are out of the firmware update, let's do a request on twitter to @NorthFaceHiker . It's unacceptable that MS has made this stupid decision to keep us with a 700$ phone rebooting and with the only solution to do a hard reset in order to get the firmware update. I have to remember to everybody that windows phone backup DOES NOT MAKE A FULL backup, so you lose apps specific data.. BE AWARE. Also if you decide to get out from insiders on a PC your computer set back to regular update servers. This is a must on phones also, so let's make a request to MS also.
I think it's time to say to MS to respect the good jod insiders are doing to make a better windows mobile . We help them so they have to helps us. MS, we are the real supporters of the platform we deserve your best help and support

Last edited:

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Then don't complain about it, it's very clear in the insider agreement what you're getting into.

I don't recall complaining..just stating the obvious. You asked why someone would do such a thing..I answered with one example of many reasons that would have compelled someone to do so. Further, MS missed an opportunity to use their loyal fans who are enrolled in the insider program to test the firmware before rolling out to the general public. Dropped ball on MS' part on that IMHO. Given the MS tweet response that they were looking into why the insider program has not been included in the firmware...it seems it was not intentional and indeed a miscue by someone. That being the case, I think we can expect it to be rectified shortly...but pointing out the mistake in the mean time is certainly justified.

iosub

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't recall complaining..just stating the obvious. You asked why someone would do such a thing..I answered with one example of many reasons that would have compelled someone to do so. Further, MS missed an opportunity to use their loyal fans who are enrolled in the insider program to test the firmware before rolling out to the general public. Dropped ball on MS' part on that IMHO. Given the MS tweet response that they were looking into why the insider program has not been included in the firmware...it seems it was not intentional and indeed a miscue by someone. That being the case, I think we can expect it to be rectified shortly...but pointing out the mistake in the mean time is certainly justified.
I completely agree with you,to be part of the insiders program add the right to complaint and give feedback in order to improve the program and the product. We are not just beta testers are opinions are welcome and our complaints should take care. So this fault not releasing a firmware update it's a bug that should be reported. So let tweet and report to ms

alodar101

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
@NorthFaceHiker said they are "discussing" getting the firmware on the insiders server: (https://twitter.com/NorthFaceHiker/status/684872431824064512).

Hopefully this doesn't take weeks or never happen like the hard reset necessary to upgrade from the .0 OS build. If I have to hard reset yet again, I'm leaving insider on the phone until they get their act together.

I've been on .36 for a few weeks now. Last night the new firmware pushed to my device. It came via Wu, with no insider action. 950xl on at&t in Seattle

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

You were complaining about the resets you had to do, and thats what i was referring to.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
We need a working method to opt-out of Insider without having to reset the device. Along with Fast and Slow there needs to be a "Discontinue Insider Builds" choice.

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Very simple...backup phone, hard reset, firmware update notification to download, restore phone to insider .36. DONE!
Let's hope there is noticeable differences...fingers crossed.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
but, with this method you have to reload all applications, reenter all passwords, and is very time-consuming

Damn right it is. Plus transferring back any media you had, linking contacts, customizing notifications etc. The whole process even after restoring a backup still takes a couple hrs on top of the couple hours to reinstall all apps again. Not ideal at all.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If I actually had a problem that I KNEW the firmware update addressed, AND that fix was something that I wanted bad enough, then I suppose I would do the Hard Rest and back-out of Insider completely.

But I can wait until this delay is addressed by Microsoft because every time I look over at my 950XL and consider what isn't working I can't actually come up with anything pressing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786