Anyone still not getting the 950 XL firmware update?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Nothing new showing up. Left the Insider program. Did a soft reset. "Device is up to date".

Trying to repeat process one more time.

EDIT: Same results. Confirmed left the Insiders Program. No new updates. Not sure if I need to physically uninstall the Insider App.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Feck - can confirm.

Didn't even have to soft reset. Left the program, went to updates. MICROSOFTMDG UPDATE downloading...........20 mins before i leave work......

UK, bought sim free from MS on 3 network with latest .63 build.

GenghisKhent

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm in U.S. Unlocked double SIM 950 XL. AT&T service. Was on Windows Insider, so had .63 OS. Left Insider, uninstalled app. Before doing soft reset, tried checking for updates. Firmware update appeared. Installed, restarted, have new firmware, still have .63 OS, and still show LTE on AT&T.

gunmetalskyline

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
In US, Lumia 950 XL Dual Sim, with Insider with .63. After reading Bells0 comment I left the insider program, the last screen noted your device is reading for "PRODUCTION -THRESHOLD", after confirming (by pressing check) I went to settings-Updates and there it was downloading MICROSOFTMDG..Berry nice (Borat voice)

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
So with yesterday's Insider app update I have at least one report that you can now leave the program, soft reset (not hard) grab the firmware/any updates and then go back to Insider.

Unfortunately, I did a hard reset (actually, it works really well now) and cannot verify. Can anyone add anything to this?

Thanks for the heads up on this! Glad I didn't hard reset and decided to wait it out. And yes, worked for me after signing out, re-registering and then getting the message I had been removed from the program. It'll say your phone is now ready for Production Threshold.
Nothing new showing up. Left the Insider program. Did a soft reset. "Device is up to date".

Trying to repeat process one more time.

EDIT: Same results. Confirmed left the Insiders Program. No new updates. Not sure if I need to physically uninstall the Insider App.

Try re-registering and then leaving the program again. I had the same results the first 2 times. On the third try, it removed me from the program and then gave a message that it had done such (indicating it was ready for "Production Threshold").

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Seems I have the old app still when trying to re-register. But checking the Windows Store shows no updates and searching the app just shows I have it installed. WTF.

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After the Windows Insider app update I had to rejoin the program, restart the phone and leave insiders.

Once I left Insiders the firmware update shown in the phone update section without restarting the phone.

Now, I just hope that it doesn't break anything since my phone has been great but battery was still a let down 16-20 hours pre OS.63 and looks like 24-26 hours post OS.63.

If this makes it get even better I will be 100 % happy with my phone.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Feck - can confirm.

Didn't even have to soft reset. Left the program, went to updates. MICROSOFTMDG UPDATE downloading...........20 mins before i leave work......

UK, bought sim free from MS on 3 network with latest .63 build.

I did the same. Left the program and immediately got prompt that a new firmware is available, go check phone updates. Doing so did not bring any updates.

Last edited:

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I used to be on Windows Insider since I wanted Cortana on my htc8x :) I don't see the app on my 950xl so they must've booted me off? Is the update worth it? Thanks!

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I could not see the update on the windows insider program. I uninstalled it and could not then reinstall the new version, saying it was already installed. I rebooted the phone and then was able to install the new windows insider program, I enrolled in fast ring, and after a restart, unenrolled from the app, and it then let me see the firmware upgrade, which is installing now. A few steps, but far batter than a phone reset! Glad Microsoft figured out a way around the firmware update issue for insiders!

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
hoo boy. turns out I was still registered just had to install the insider app. it's updating now, but it's at 1% and it's been 10 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb