Lumia 950 XL blurry fonts in Continuum mode

Christian_1

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm using my Lumia 950XL connected to an external monitor via the HD-500 display dock. All the fonts look blurry on the connected monitor. I tried using another HD-500 display dock, reset my phone and using other monitors and I get the same results. I tried monitors that supported different resolution (1920X1080 and lower) but I still find that the smaller fonts are blurry.
Fonts.png

Am I the only one experiencing this?
Thanks,
Christian Cote

Christian_1

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes and yes. I tried two different HD-500 with two USB-C cables. I also tried to use different monitors with different HDMI cables. It might be a defect of my phone, that<s why I want to know fi others have the same issue.

Thanks,
CC

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes and yes. I tried two different HD-500 with two USB-C cables. I also tried to use different monitors with different HDMI cables. It might be a defect of my phone, that<s why I want to know fi others have the same issue.

Thanks,
CC

But the USB type C cable is the original cable? Not all type C has the same bandwidth, some type c cables are USB 2.0

Christian_1

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi, yes I use the USB-C cable that came with the display dock. SInce I have two docks, I tried both with same result. Large fonts are ok but smaller ones are blurry.

Thanks,
CC

David Carrera

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm using my Lumia 950XL connected to an external monitor via the HD-500 display dock. All the fonts look blurry on the connected monitor. I tried using another HD-500 display dock, reset my phone and using other monitors and I get the same results. I tried monitors that supported different resolution (1920X1080 and lower) but I still find that the smaller fonts are blurry.
View attachment 119673

Thanks,
Christian Cote

Try and adjust the scaling size in settings and display, the settings for continuum will showup when using continuum.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 119673

Thanks,
Christian Cote
I have similar problem.

all equipment, including the cables, the charger and the dock, are come from original.

finally I found a solution: changing the theme from "dark" to "light".

computer monitors are LCD and LCD are not good at displaying white text on black background. "dark theme" consists largely of white (or light colors) of text and black (or dark colors) of background. they look good on AMOLED but ugly on LCD. light theme is more suitable for LCD.

Christian_1

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I found that when I remote desktop into another pc using the remote desktop preview the fonts are perfectly displayed, no fuzziness at all. It only happens with Windows Mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon