Playing a game uses more power then it charges?!

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
no problem when using continuum. the phone is charging when connected to the dock. after sufficiently long period of usage of continuum, your phone's battery will be at 100% when you plug it off from the dock.
I am guessing it's depends on the app is on continuum. I am gonna have Microsoft bingo game to blame as poorly written app using too much resources. Hopefully there isn't any other apps behaving like that as it's not right for battery to continue to drain whilst plugging in mains.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I would honestly say just a poorly optimized game, its not graphically demanding and the game should not get that hot. I tried out Candy Crush and yes it drained at a steady rate but not nearly as fast or with as much heat as the Bingo game.
Is battery still draining whilst playing that candy crush game and plugged into mains? I'll have a try it out myself too.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Fyi, battery doesn't drain whilst plugged in playing candy crush saga. It charges fine.

Must be a problem with the microsoft bingo game, but funny it's was created by Microsoft so would have thought they knew every optimizing trick in the books.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Fyi, battery doesn't drain whilst plugged in playing candy crush saga. It charges fine.

Must be a problem with the microsoft bingo game, but funny it's was created by Microsoft so would have thought they knew every optimizing trick in the books.

Very true, you would think that but games on any platform can be a toss up now-a-days. So many high caliber games in the last few years have released with bugs and problems, only to be patched at a later date and some not really at all.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I think I need to put in some info here as I am a long time player of Microsoft Bingo. I have installed this game on my PC from the early days in Windows 10. This game is designed in such a way that it connects to some server to load your bingo cards and also the in game purchases for every new bingo card you receive or play.

Connecting to a server so frequently will definitely use your battery up very fast as it is using network to connect very frequently.

This is just my humble observation. You can check for yourself by checking the wifi/mobile data icons on status panel of your phone when each game starts and ends. The wifi/mobile data icons will show arrows during this period.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett