WinBeta reports huge battery gains from firmware update

ajprmaverick

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Yea it likes battery but that article is just saying cut the background and close all tabs which it helps the battery but my problem is actually using it burns the battery real quick with random heat too its annoying

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Yea it likes battery but that article is just saying cut the background and close all tabs which it helps the battery but my problem is actually using it burns the battery real quick with random heat too its annoying

Same, .36 and new firmware, and battery seems the same.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I read somewhere that the Edge browser should not be allowed to run in the background because it loves the battery more than it should. I'll see if I can't find the link.
in my case, edge doesn't use much battery in background. it uses terribly large amount of battery in FOREGROUND instead. I have done an experience. I left the phone idle for 24 hours and checked the battery usage. all apps consumed battery in background in this case. the winner was messaging+skype. it used most battery.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
in my case, edge doesn't use much battery in background. it uses terribly large amount of battery in FOREGROUND instead. I have done an experience. I left the phone idle for 24 hours and checked the battery usage. all apps consumed battery in background in this case. the winner was messaging+skype. it used most battery.

I found Skype is the biggest issue for me here. Once i logged out of Skype, the message+skype drain dropped a lot even with me texting.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I found Skype is the biggest issue for me here. Once i logged out of Skype, the message+skype drain dropped a lot even with me texting.

same here. I haven't had a single reboot since I did that either (5 days now) where before it was rebooting about once a day under heavy use (lots of messaging, calls, bluetooth stuff, etc).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb