05-21-2016 11:35 AM
47 12
tools
    That's true. Especially for the power button, vol up/down does not feel that much difference. But you need to really push the power button harder than original case.
    Have you looked at the rubber contacts?

How do they compare to the OEM case?
    01-06-2016 05:01 PM
    Might have a alternative for you, I have a Lumia 1520 and just happened to post how I just purchased the Stilgut ultra slim leather flip case and easily modified it to a Mozo type case. This ultra slim case adds practically no bulk and you still have the original buttons for use. Slitgut does make this case for the 950XL
    Here's my post from yesterday with photos..
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ml#post3367186

Stilgut Ultra Slim for 950 XL
    StilGut - Lumia 950 XL leather case UltraSlim
    Thanks, but I really like the silver MS logo lol. ;)

That's true. Especially for the power button, vol up/down does not feel that much difference. But you need to really push the power button harder than original case.
    This

Have you looked at the rubber contacts?

How do they compare to the OEM case?
    What rubber contacts? Do you have a link? It feels similar to the OEM, but you need a little more effort to press the button
    01-06-2016 06:26 PM
    What rubber contacts? Do you have a link? It feels similar to the OEM, but you need a little more effort to press the button
    Underneath the buttons the cases usually have plastic or rubber notches / contacts which in turn pushes the contacts in the phone itself. Similar to how the mouse button operates.
    01-07-2016 04:29 AM
    My black/silver has finally shipped from Amazon UK. Been holding out a while as used a promo code to get it for 19.51 via Amazon direct. They finally have stock.

Little worried about the cracking now, least Amazon are usually good with returns........if they have stocks.......
    01-07-2016 05:17 AM
    Thanks for the review, glad I did not (and now will not) waste money on this case.

$50+ bucks for a tiny piece of plastic with 10 cents worth of leather? No thanks
    Except it also has wireless charging and NFC built in. So no, not as simple as "a tiny piece of plastic with 10 cents worth of leather." As has been stated, this is one of very few negative reviews. My brown leather Mozo case is really nice--no cracks and the buttons sit perfectly.
    01-07-2016 02:03 PM
    I agree mozo needs to get more professional and do QC..i was few of the 1st ones to pre order from then for my Lumia 950 red leather with gold rim...my covet arrived way before my phone...to my surprise I received a defective one...
    The cover had a missing nfc strip....i mailed mozo after many mails they responded and said would send me a replacement...but after 20 days no details or reply from them...i paid nearly 100$ and custom duty in my country to only get defective one...thou my cover was perfect and buttons were solid and leather with gold rim made the phone look very premium
    01-07-2016 02:25 PM
    Except it also has wireless charging and NFC built in. So no, not as simple as "a tiny piece of plastic with 10 cents worth of leather." As has been stated, this is one of very few negative reviews. My brown leather Mozo case is really nice--no cracks and the buttons sit perfectly.

Ok, add another 5 cents for those stickers then. Total: 15 cents
    01-08-2016 04:33 AM
    I pre-ordered two flip covers from Mobilefun. I hope the flip covers are not defective. I've been waiting for them for over a month now, and they haven't shipped yet.
    01-08-2016 06:42 AM
    Got my Mozo brown leather case for my 950XL a couple days ago. Lovely, really makes the phone more premium.

Yes the power button is a little lower, makes it easier to feel but a bit harder to press. The actual force is the same if you use you nail, with the pad of your thumb you need to press harder because your thumb is contacting the rim and button at the same time. Not much of an issue.
    01-08-2016 05:17 PM
    The back covers are $50 due to the built in wireless charger and nfc pins. I'm sure having real leather adds to the cost. Mozo's non wireless covers are usually under $20 but considering their QC problem, maybe they aren't manufacturing quality polycarbs the way Nokia use to. I'm hoping there will be a better manufacturer that makes high quality back covers with wireless functions. I'm not a fan of using protective cases since they usually obscure buttons and ports.
    01-10-2016 02:38 AM
    One thing: is there a real reason for not having a machined aluminum side wall of the case? Like maybe something similar to the iphone 4 antenna issue, when if you have a solid metal wall the antenna does not work?

The plastic really sounds unpremium and from this thread it sounds as not very rigid too...
    01-10-2016 02:45 AM
    Don't forget there must be some type of licensing costs as well as specification compliant tests for Qi and NFC to be installed on these backs, which explains why no one else makes these types of covers.
    01-10-2016 02:47 AM
    I was more concerned about the metal color flaking off the plastic It didn't occur to me that the quality of plastic isn't the same as what Nokia used on their phones.
    01-10-2016 02:51 AM
    Mozo covers are good quality...but they do stupid mistakes and should do good QC before dispatching it...since my replacement has not reached me and Mozo people are not responding...been more than 20 days since my complaint...i put back the mozo case on my phone which has a missing nfc strip....coz I spent Soo much money on it....hopefully my replacement will arrive this year...
    Cover fits perfect on Lumia 950...leather feels great to hold...buttons are solid...phone looks like a limited edition
    01-10-2016 08:01 AM
    Thankfully i didnt spend 50 euros for a Mozo.. Ordered a case from ebay for 5 euros, last time ive done the same it lasted for 6 months.
    01-11-2016 08:26 AM
    You do realize that wireless charging and NFC are a sheet of conductor on the inside of the case? Its about 5 cents worth of material at most.

They are profiteering right now since no one else offers it.
    01-11-2016 10:08 AM
    Hello all,

I bought the brown leather cover, have been using it a week and I'm pretty happy with it. For me it fits better than the original back cover did, doesn't squeak or creak and feels pretty good in the hand (with the stock MS cover my 950XL felt flimsy if I'm honest). So far so good.
    01-11-2016 10:47 AM
    Hello all,

I bought the brown leather cover, have been using it a week and I'm pretty happy with it. For me it fits better than the original back cover did, doesn't squeak or creak and feels pretty good in the hand (with the stock MS cover my 950XL felt flimsy if I'm honest). So far so good.
    I love my black leather cover but it seems that my mozo case does creak whereas my original OEM black cover didn't squeak/creak at all.
    01-11-2016 01:35 PM
    Guys update...as i had reported about getting a defective mozo case for my Lumia 950 red leather...after wait of 20 days and many mails to them (even threatening ones ) they sent me a replacement case which looks better one then earlier with better fit and finish and gold rim seems more gold now...i guess mozo needs quality check and better sales and customer support...now wireless charging has some sticker on it with serial no...iam happy now...thou have tested it yet for wireless charging and nfc if they work fine
    01-16-2016 10:12 AM
    Same case (Brown Mozo for Lumia 950 xl), same issues, save the cracking, as I haven't taken minę off yet, I presume!! But I did so with my default back cover and a couple of times was enough to crack it at the bottom like you did yours. And no, it wasn't that it was just your Mozo that was faulty, the buttons on mine look exactly like yours, looks like Microsoft's poor approach to quality is shared by their partner in business, sadly...
    05-21-2016 08:26 AM
    I've mentioned this elsewhere but my case hasn't lasted 3 months, the corners are wearing back to the black plastic and the red leather is white in places. Neither Mobile Fun or Mozo want to exchange it or accept that it's not acceptable after such a short period of time.
    05-21-2016 10:22 AM
    Smart users bought Lumia 950xl, but not Mozo overpriced crap. Get the coveron ultra thin armor case on eBay! It is the best looking case for Lumia 950 XL at the time I wrote this comment.
    05-21-2016 11:35 AM
47 12