Review: Two Weeks of Using the Mozo Case

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Got my red mozo yesterday, actually it's not bad.
Now I'll not hit the power button by mistake when I am trying to push the phone into the pocket. :smile:

How is the feedback from the button? I saw some video reviews that show the buttons on the Mozo case are a bit lower than the OEM stock back plate? Does that make pushing the button not feel as good and not as strong of a feedback/pushback?

trashpants

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
that crack is exactly what happened on mine

I contacted mozo and they said they would happily send one out for me...although I've heard nothing further than that. I literally never took the case off and had those cracks too which worries me - Ontop of that I have Qi Chargers so Im not sure how it broke at all :(

Also have / had that crooked teeth thing too. The plastic pin on the inside has come off. If you press it back in it fixes it...but only temporarily :( - guess you could put some glue on it / over the pin to keep it in place? (and yes, I know you shouldn't have to)

The plastic back cover that comes with the phone is functional but no where near as nice as the ones these guys make.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking for a white back cover haha[/URL]

Might have a alternative for you, I have a Lumia 1520 and just happened to post how I just purchased the Stilgut ultra slim leather flip case and easily modified it to a Mozo type case. This ultra slim case adds practically no bulk and you still have the original buttons for use. Slitgut does make this case for the 950XL
Here's my post from yesterday with photos..
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-slim-leather-case-very-nice.html#post3367186

Stilgut Ultra Slim for 950 XL
StilGut - Lumia 950 XL leather case UltraSlim

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the review, glad I did not (and now will not) waste money on this case.

$50+ bucks for a tiny piece of plastic with 10 cents worth of leather? No thanks

Marsiss Tian

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
How is the feedback from the button? I saw some video reviews that show the buttons on the Mozo case are a bit lower than the OEM stock back plate? Does that make pushing the button not feel as good and not as strong of a feedback/pushback?

That's true. Especially for the power button, vol up/down does not feel that much difference. But you need to really push the power button harder than original case.

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Might have a alternative for you, I have a Lumia 1520 and just happened to post how I just purchased the Stilgut ultra slim leather flip case and easily modified it to a Mozo type case. This ultra slim case adds practically no bulk and you still have the original buttons for use. Slitgut does make this case for the 950XL
Here's my post from yesterday with photos..
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-slim-leather-case-very-nice.html#post3367186

Stilgut Ultra Slim for 950 XL
StilGut - Lumia 950 XL leather case UltraSlim

Thanks, but I really like the silver MS logo lol. ;)

That's true. Especially for the power button, vol up/down does not feel that much difference. But you need to really push the power button harder than original case.

This

Have you looked at the rubber contacts?

How do they compare to the OEM case?

What rubber contacts? Do you have a link? It feels similar to the OEM, but you need a little more effort to press the button

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
What rubber contacts? Do you have a link? It feels similar to the OEM, but you need a little more effort to press the button

Underneath the buttons the cases usually have plastic or rubber notches / contacts which in turn pushes the contacts in the phone itself. Similar to how the mouse button operates.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
My black/silver has finally shipped from Amazon UK. Been holding out a while as used a promo code to get it for ?19.51 via Amazon direct. They finally have stock.

Little worried about the cracking now, least Amazon are usually good with returns........if they have stocks.......

mcmc08

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the review, glad I did not (and now will not) waste money on this case.

$50+ bucks for a tiny piece of plastic with 10 cents worth of leather? No thanks

Except it also has wireless charging and NFC built in. So no, not as simple as "a tiny piece of plastic with 10 cents worth of leather." As has been stated, this is one of very few negative reviews. My brown leather Mozo case is really nice--no cracks and the buttons sit perfectly.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I agree mozo needs to get more professional and do QC..i was few of the 1st ones to pre order from then for my Lumia 950 red leather with gold rim...my covet arrived way before my phone...to my surprise I received a defective one...
The cover had a missing nfc strip....i mailed mozo after many mails they responded and said would send me a replacement...but after 20 days no details or reply from them...i paid nearly 100$ and custom duty in my country to only get defective one...thou my cover was perfect and buttons were solid and leather with gold rim made the phone look very premium

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Except it also has wireless charging and NFC built in. So no, not as simple as "a tiny piece of plastic with 10 cents worth of leather." As has been stated, this is one of very few negative reviews. My brown leather Mozo case is really nice--no cracks and the buttons sit perfectly.

Ok, add another 5 cents for those stickers then. Total: 15 cents

telomoyo

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I pre-ordered two flip covers from Mobilefun. I hope the flip covers are not defective. I've been waiting for them for over a month now, and they haven't shipped yet.

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Got my Mozo brown leather case for my 950XL a couple days ago. Lovely, really makes the phone more premium.

Yes the power button is a little lower, makes it easier to feel but a bit harder to press. The actual force is the same if you use you nail, with the pad of your thumb you need to press harder because your thumb is contacting the rim and button at the same time. Not much of an issue.

Riopato

May 11, 2013
Visit site
The back covers are $50 due to the built in wireless charger and nfc pins. I'm sure having real leather adds to the cost. Mozo's non wireless covers are usually under $20 but considering their QC problem, maybe they aren't manufacturing quality polycarbs the way Nokia use to. I'm hoping there will be a better manufacturer that makes high quality back covers with wireless functions. I'm not a fan of using protective cases since they usually obscure buttons and ports.

Theolos

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
One thing: is there a real reason for not having a machined aluminum side wall of the case? Like maybe something similar to the iphone 4 antenna issue, when if you have a solid metal wall the antenna does not work?

The plastic really sounds unpremium and from this thread it sounds as not very rigid too...

Riopato

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget there must be some type of licensing costs as well as specification compliant tests for Qi and NFC to be installed on these backs, which explains why no one else makes these types of covers.

Riopato

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I was more concerned about the metal color flaking off the plastic It didn't occur to me that the quality of plastic isn't the same as what Nokia used on their phones.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Mozo covers are good quality...but they do stupid mistakes and should do good QC before dispatching it...since my replacement has not reached me and Mozo people are not responding...been more than 20 days since my complaint...i put back the mozo case on my phone which has a missing nfc strip....coz I spent Soo much money on it....hopefully my replacement will arrive this year...
Cover fits perfect on Lumia 950...leather feels great to hold...buttons are solid...phone looks like a limited edition

SinrOne

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Thankfully i didnt spend 50 euros for a Mozo.. Ordered a case from ebay for 5 euros, last time ive done the same it lasted for 6 months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro