Feel of the Phone etc.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Always when waiting for a new toy I start watching youtube videos. Many of them make the Lumia out to be cheap feeling or looking. I go back and forth from Lumias to iPhone all the time and the 6Plus iphone feels quality made. looks great. but that is all i like about it.

Another concern, although too late because my phone is on the way, is the screen brightness. one box opening complained that it was not bright enough.

Lastly. Are people buying the new back? the leather one. in the past i have bought extended batteries and they are usually attached to a nice solid back.

I should never watch these videos.

I am going to miss writing with swype... i don't think i had that with my 1020.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Always when waiting for a new toy I start watching youtube videos. Many of them make the Lumia out to be cheap feeling or looking. I go back and forth from Lumias to iPhone all the time and the 6Plus iphone feels quality made. looks great. but that is all i like about it.

Another concern, although too late because my phone is on the way, is the screen brightness. one box opening complained that it was not bright enough.

Lastly. Are people buying the new back? the leather one. in the past i have bought extended batteries and they are usually attached to a nice solid back.

I should never watch these videos.

I am going to miss writing with swype... i don't think i had that with my 1020.

The back cover quality is a matter of opinion. Everyone has theirs.
You can change brightness between different levels and you can also set it to be automatically adjusting

Word flow exists for windows 10 mobile. It never went away

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I believe its important when you get your phone to take the back off very careful as to not warp the thin plastic

On my old 950 I was not careful and I ended up with creaking corners I had to fix with electrical tape padding

On my new 950xl I used my thumb only and rand it around the outside of the screen until all clicked off with our tugging/warping the plastic - and its no creaking and im never taking the back off again!!! :?)

On my new 950xl the screen feels a bit hollow when I tap it in the middle though but ill get used to it
Ya cant have everything - at least no camera rattle on this one :?)

Cya

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
My phone will be here tomorrow. Sitting on pins and needles. I will be VERY careful removing the back - I am sure I will put a case on it but still I would like it not to make any noise with or without. I don't remember every putting wordflow on my 1020 but if it is there, I will use it .. I haven't had my 1020 running for about a year.

iRS73

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
My phone will be here tomorrow. Sitting on pins and needles. I will be VERY careful removing the back - I am sure I will put a case on it but still I would like it not to make any noise with or without. I don't remember every putting wordflow on my 1020 but if it is there, I will use it .. I haven't had my 1020 running for about a year.

I had zero problems with my 950XL and back cover.
The only problems are winphone 10 related.
Have fun with your new phone!

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I believe its important when you get your phone to take the back off very careful as to not warp the thin plastic

On my old 950 I was not careful and I ended up with creaking corners I had to fix with electrical tape padding

On my new 950xl I used my thumb only and rand it around the outside of the screen until all clicked off with our tugging/warping the plastic - and its no creaking and im never taking the back off again!!! :?)

On my new 950xl the screen feels a bit hollow when I tap it in the middle though but ill get used to it
Ya cant have everything - at least no camera rattle on this one :?)

Cya

Trying to picture what you are talking about - Running your finger around the screen to take the back off ??

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I did not think there were any problems with screen brightness. The case creaked for me, but not enough for me to care...it did visibly warp at the usb-c plug location where the plastic cover is the weakest which kind of bothered me. I ended up having a reboot problem that I had to take the case off way too many times to get the phone to start. I also did not feel that the case felt cheap when holding it in my hand. I had the white variant and thought it looked nice enough. I think the glass and metal frames result in a lot of screen cracks. I was a little worried about the screen coming up to the edge without plastic bumper, but I never dropped it to see how it would fair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss