Lumia 950 XL SINGLE SIM Thread

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to start up a Single SIM thread for the Lumia 950 XL since there seems to be some small differences (i.e. VVM working and faster THEORITICAL data speeds). Naturally, there probably are unique issues or cons to the Single SIM variant. For those who have the SINGLE SIM version/variant, what say you? Any issues? Any positives?

KyleGM

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Single Sim version here, I've had none of the big reported issues (battery, reboots, crashes) everything's great here, only minor things such as visual glitches but these exist on every OS so no big deal. It's my first phone with VVM and it's incredibly useful, I hope Microsoft can iron out all the bugs that people have come across with W10 as it's brilliant when it's working as intended.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the Single SIM version has an overall less buggy experience than the dual SIM version. Only....I'm sure you'd have to factor in the ratio of Dual SIM 950XL out there vs Single SIM 950XL.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
How do you get the single sim version? How do you tell the difference when buying it? Thanks.

There are different variants od the 950 XL and one way to tell when buying (aside from the store listing and describing tthe phone correctly as single or dual SIM) is by the product RM number. The Dual SIM version is RM-1116 I believe and the Single SIM is RM-1085 I believe. I think the Single SIM version is usually labeled the International Version (which is funny to me because you'd think MS would make the international version dual, not single SIM). I also think that for the most part the Single SIM version come out of China shipments? I'm not certain about that. Anyway, you can find certain stores that sell the Single SIM version. Amazon has certain sellers that do and online store Expansys does too. You'd he to look around to find sites that sell the Single SIM version, but they're definitely out there.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
i like single sim phones. i don't like dual sim versions. i don't have the necessity to own two mobile numbers. it is said that i still can use the dual sim version with the secondary sim slot empty. but the screen will tell. it always shows there is no sim in the secondry slot. this is ugly and annoying to me. so the single sim version is the definite choice. i never buy dual sim phone.

nallWhite

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
There are different variants od the 950 XL and one way to tell when buying (aside from the store listing and describing tthe phone correctly as single or dual SIM) is by the product RM number. The Dual SIM version is RM-1116 I believe and the Single SIM is RM-1085 I believe. I think the Single SIM version is usually labeled the International Version (which is funny to me because you'd think MS would make the international version dual, not single SIM). I also think that for the most part the Single SIM version come out of China shipments? I'm not certain about that. Anyway, you can find certain stores that sell the Single SIM version. Amazon has certain sellers that do and online store Expansys does too. You'd he to look around to find sites that sell the Single SIM version, but they're definitely out there.

Thanks

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Single sim direct from MS UK. No real issue here, hardware wise.

Software, a few. Would like the new firmware if it sorts the dodgy autofocus on the camera/video, but still not seen it here to download. On .36 as an insider.

guyboz

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone have, or tell me where to get a Lumina 950 xl single sim user guide?
And would you know how to change language from Chinese to English.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have, or tell me where to get a Lumina 950 xl single sim user guide?
And would you know how to change language from Chinese to English.

I believe if you perform a hard reset you can then select the region (and therefore the language) you want upon start up. This is granted only if you are willing to or don't mind to do the hard reset. Aside from that, you might need to get someone who can read Chinese to help navigate to the settings to switch for you. You can also kind of guess too using the icons as your guide (i.e spinning gear = settings).

guyboz

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Well did a Hard Reset, up and running now. The only issue I've seen so far is in using Win Hello Iris Recognition. If windows does not recognize you, you are referred to using a Pin, but if you Rake up from the bottom of the screen, this will bypass the Pin and let you right in!! Well, this is still Beta.....

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
May I ask why? Any difference in features or performance other than what's mentioned above?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
Nope. Not really. Again, visual voicemail works with Single SIM as well as faster theoretical data speed capability. Also you get rid of the annoying "no SIM" icon due to the empty SIM slot that no one can get of. Aside from that, all everything else is the same I think. I may be missing some differences between dual and single SIM but that's all that I could think of off the top of my head.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12