Do those who buy 2nd wave U.S. online store have any issue ?

revolvet

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
There are lots of negative feedbacks and selling suspension of Lumia 950 XL (Dual). I hesitate to keep my Lumia 950 XL for any longer. For now, it does NOT show any issue mentioned so far, e.g. random reboot, battery drain or heat. However, it may show any problem soon, and can't be returned anymore.

I'd like to ask the community if your phones from the same shipping batch having similar issues found in UK and Germany or not. The batch I mean is the 2nd wave U.S. online store orders which were shipped by December 11. So that we can figure out if it's "batch to batch" or "global" issue. Your experiences will help us to decide whether the phone should be returned or kept.

Thanks.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
2nd wave here and I had to replace mine due to SD card reboot issues. Swapped it out at brick-and-mortar MS store with no drama. New phone doesn't have the problem so I'm a happy camper. Not really noticing any other show-stopper problems as .36 fixed most of the other stuff (5-gig wifi etc) and I expect the firmware update to address a few others (low light photo issues).

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
It's all software that's the issue. The hardware is generally solid.

I bought in the second wave, and I'm on .36 (no firmware update here yet though). These are the things that randomly stop working until I reboot the device again (not all at once but individually):

• Iris Scanner
  • Hey Cortana
  • USB Data
  • Continuum output
  • Wifi (5GHz 802.11ac)
Windows 10 Mobile is still buggy, and the firmware for this device is buggy. And in my opinion, the fact that it's general device bugginess causing issues is exactly why everyone's experiences are so different (and nothing to do with hardware shipping at different times). Someone might be hitting a bug that another person with very similar usage just won't see.

Plus, on top of that add in the fact that people are on two different firmware versions, and two different OS versions, which and that just increases the various permutations where people are not all seeing the same bugs.

revolvet

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't get neither .29 nor .36 update, although our phones are from the same shipping batch. I'm not sure what defines update eligibility, even I'm Insider.

But I feel better that at least 4 of 4 phones in the same batch are good.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I can't get neither .29 nor .36 update, although our phones are from the same shipping batch. I'm not sure what defines update eligibility, even I'm Insider.

But I feel better that at least 4 of 4 phones in the same batch are good.

Doing a hard reset should allow you to get the upgrade (it's a known bug that MS doesn't quite seem to understand even now). It's possible that the firmware they are pushing out (at some point) might fix it too.

revolvet

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Doing a hard reset should allow you to get the upgrade (it's a known bug that MS doesn't quite seem to understand even now). It's possible that the firmware they are pushing out (at some point) might fix it too.

I did hard reset once, just few days after .36 available. There has been no update. I prefer not doing hard reset right now as there's no big issue with the phone that requires OS or firmware update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro