950XL Alarm Clock with Mental Problem

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
My new Lumia 950 XL alarm clock has schizoid as has no clue it is off, or let's say it does not sound at exact time set for alarm when in off position but rather sounds at following snooze time instead! Very stupid alarm clock:winktongue:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried deleting the alarm, and then making a new one and seeing if it goes off?
That happens to me sometimes too.

gsjansen

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I only used the alrm for the 1st time this morning. I had an early morning meeting an hour and a half from my house, and set the alarm to play a song from my sd card for 4:30 this morning. It worked perfectly.

I'm glad you didn't post this yesterday, as I would have been up every ten minutes worrying if the alarm would go off as scheduled! :smile:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I use the alarm everyday and there have been times I had the same feeling as the OP.

Things like how come it was a different alarm sound than what I set, it didn't go off or caught it after snooze.... never go off again after snooze.

However, I'm so groggy I'm not sure I really fully grasped what was happening :D

I do however find that there's not gradual entry into the alarm volume wise like it was in 8.1, it just goes off at whatever volume. Gradual starting from 0 would be much less of a shock.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Verdict on 950 XL Alarm:
Set alarm for 6:30 with 20 min snooze then turn OFF alarm go to bed then early morning at 6:50 the stupid alarm wakes you up...deleted re-created new alarm to no avail...reboot also useless for psychopath alarm:angry:

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
what OS version are you on? my .29 is flawless. but my wife is on .36 (Lumia 1520) and the alarms are flakey sometimes.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
More on Alarm Clock:
Originally was set to sound at 06:30 it did and turned off but again sounded at 6:50 (20 min snooze). But after I totally deleted the alarm rebooted 950XL made new alarm at another time and this stupid alarm although set for afternoon time, although it is off but yet keep sounding at 06:50 every morning:shocked:

David T-Rex

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Every update to Windows 10 Mobile causes me problems with the alarms - I have to change something, like the description then save it again - after that it seems to work.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
950XL Alarm Clock under updated OS:
After installing latest Win mobile update I received my greatest surprise when next morning the stupid alarm woke me up exactly at 06:50 as before in spite of alarm time being at another time of day. I was so mad decided to return the damn phone to Microsoft store and go get a 6s:cry: so I decided to do one more attempt in keep going with 950XL because of plenty apps I already had installed & customized: I decided to RESET my phone. Totally cleaned RAM as well as 128GB SD card reformatted and 950XL started clean by installing the new OS and I am delighted to report that as of about 24 hours later still all apps and alarm clock etc are working normal and hope to continue performing same.:love:

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Very poor from Microsoft that.
I recommend trying Realarm. Best alarm app on WP, with customisable live tiles. And no, I am not the developer 😉

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Never before, as it is a brand new phone and I was adamant to reset because spent many days installing apps, SDXC, moving & saving files. But ultimately found the phone loved to breath from scratch by 1st installing new OS updates before any apps or files. Now it functions smoothly.:love:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon