Should Microsoft store return my tempered glass for 950xl?

ashdown43

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
It seems like no tempered glass screen protector works for the 950xl. Shouldn't Microsoft know this especially if the product they are selling on its own stores doesn't stick to the product (and when I paid $35 for it)? I already threw away my box and the applicator tool hoping the glass would stick after few days but its been a week and it still doesn't stick. Anyone else hoping to return the shield?

ordivergens

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
It seems like no tempered glass screen protector works for the 950xl. Shouldn't Microsoft know this especially if the product they are selling on its own stores doesn't stick to the product (and when I paid $35 for it)? I already threw away my box and the applicator tool hoping the glass would stick after few days but its been a week and it still doesn't stick. Anyone else hoping to return the shield?

When I returned my original 950 XL I returned the tempered glass protector as well. It never stuck on the corners. I did have the packaging and stuff for it though.

Dzik

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
MS Store had no problem refunding me and even provided a free return label. BTW I tried 3 other brands after that and non would stick well, they all develop big bubbles at all corners. Some took longer than the others to develop but nevertheless all got screwed up at the end. I think it's something with the screen itself causing it. I gave up on it, hate screen protectors even when they work, not sure why I have even bother. I guess I just got that protective feeling with my new 950XL baby lol. Had 1520 for 1.5yrs without one and got no scratched but I am careful and have a "clean" job so use without at your own risk.

Last edited:

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a tempered glass protector on my 950XL. Where did the "it seems like no" come from? MANY of us have them with no issues. Pretty broad statement IMO.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I am like the OP, no screen protector has worked on my phone. I have tried 4 different types. I know its my phone at this point, sad to know the screens have the curve at the corners that it won't stick.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a tempered glass protector on my 950XL. Where did the "it seems like no" come from? MANY of us have them with no issues. Pretty broad statement IMO.

That's because some displays are actually flat and not deformed in the corners, it's clearly visible if you watch a strong light using the phone as a mirror

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
That's because some displays are actually flat and not deformed in the corners, it's clearly visible if you watch a strong light using the phone as a mirror

I am confused by this... Are you saying that some XLs have deformed glass screens? That doesnt seem to be what the OP was indicating. If that is the case, and the glass was sold in the MS store, why would they not accept a return on it? "especially if the product they are selling on its own stores doesn't stick to the product" is what i based my response on. If the XL has deformed glass, a tempered glass screen is the least of the problem. I purchased mine off Amazon, have had zero corner or general sticking issues.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
None work. They all lift.

I got a Skinomi skin (wet application). Every glass I've tried lifts and I'm done spending money on them. The screen of the XL has very slight tapers around the perimeter. Just the way it is. The 950 is flat.

ashdown43

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

Sorry (for the broad statement) if your works, but from the tempered glass section of 950xl most response said it didn't work. Which one are you using? I am just saying if the one i got from Microsoft store doesn't work on the phone that I bought from the same store should they return it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss