Product Review: CHOE Iron Stand QI Wireless Charging Pad with 2 Amps Power Adapter

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

telomoyo

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

In some of the Amazon reviews, it is said that the charger beeps when the battery is done charging, and sometimes it goes into a 3 second cycle of charging/discharging. Have you experienced any of these?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In some of the Amazon reviews, it is said that the charger beeps when the battery is done charging, and sometimes it goes into a 3 second cycle of charging/discharging. Have you experienced any of these?

It beeps when it connects, to be sure.

I've only used it once overnight so far. If it did beep I was not awoken and I'm usually very sensitive to those types of noises. I'm not able to test right now as my Battery % is in the trickle zone (95%+), but will do so soon and report back.

I did end up putting a small bit of electrical tape over the LEDs.

My initial thought on the Amazon reviewers was that it sounded like they didn't have a solid connection dialed in. I'll have to deplete my phone substantially and do a daytime test. With my 1520 I have only needed one charge since getting this stand. I used it last night with no issues of a beep waking me. In the morning my 1520 was fully charged and not warm to the touch.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you experienced any of these?

So I'm sitting here today with the stand next to my computer.

It chimed once for a connect of my 1520. It never chimed at 100% and it never went into a small loop of chiming every few minutes. One chime for connected and that is all. It's been on the stand about 5 hours...

telomoyo

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
So I'm sitting here today with the stand next to my computer.

It chimed once for a connect of my 1520. It never chimed at 100% and it never went into a small loop of chiming every few minutes. One chime for connected and that is all. It's been on the stand about 5 hours...

Thanks for the update. I ended up buying this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3375029 . It's not a stand, but I liked it for being a wireless battery pack as well. I will report back when I get it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I like the look of those Qi, power bank combos... But with my 1520 I've only needed my power bank like 3 times in 15 months and that was pretty extreme use multitasking like crazy with literally hundreds of pics in a day on those occasions.

Looks pretty cool, though. I'm looking forward to the report back.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Mark...do you have a mozo back cover on your phone ?

I purchased this Amazon.com: Wireless Charger, Keedox Wireless Phone Charger 3-Coils Qi Wireless Charging for iPhone Samsung S6, S6 Edge,LG: Cell Phones & Accessories and it doesn't seem to be working at all. I have a mozo back cover on my 950 XL so I swapped it out for the original and it still doesn't seem to work. I want to find a charging stand that works for my 950 XL with a mozo back.

I purchased this product from Amazon and I really love it!
Amazon.com: [3 Coils Wireless Charger]CHOE Iron Stand QI Wireless Charging Pad with 2 Amps Power Adapter and Micro USB Cable for Galaxy Note 5/S6/S6 Edge/S6 Edge+ and Lumia 950xl/950 and Other Qi Enabled Device: Cell Phones & Accessories

It keeps my Lumia 950 XL fully charged with ease. I really like the upright stand which allows me to easily read my phone while its charging.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The one that I just received today looks exactly like this unit and it doesn't work.

Update : After reading all of the posts here, I hunted around and found a 2A plug and plugged my unit into it and it is charging the phone now. Before with a 1A unit it could not keep up and I was losing battery as the phone was sitting on the charger. Maybe I am spoiled with the fast charging but 3% (67% to 70%) in 15 minutes seems glacial with the 2A base.

2 things kill it for me with this one. The cable on the side and constantly exposed LEDs which would drive me nuts if you use on your bed stand. I bought this one which eliminates these issues for me: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3376021

Last edited:

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Mark...do you have a mozo back cover on your phone ?

I purchased this Amazon.com: Wireless Charger, Keedox Wireless Phone Charger 3-Coils Qi Wireless Charging for iPhone Samsung S6, S6 Edge,LG: Cell Phones & Accessories and it doesn't seem to be working at all. I have a mozo back cover on my 950 XL so I swapped it out for the original and it still doesn't seem to work. I want to find a charging stand that works for my 950 XL with a mozo back.

Yes, I have a MOZO Brown leather back on my XL and have no issues charging it with this stand at all.

telomoyo

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I like the look of those Qi, power bank combos... But with my 1520 I've only needed my power bank like 3 times in 15 months and that was pretty extreme use multitasking like crazy with literally hundreds of pics in a day on those occasions.

Looks pretty cool, though. I'm looking forward to the report back.

Just to provide a small review...This Qi/potable charger works amazingly. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3391614 . What I like about it is that it can be charged with another Qi charger by placing it upside down, and then use this charger as a portable wireless one, or as a regular (connected to the wall) Qi charger. It beeps when it begins charging, and the when the phone reaches 100%, which some don't like and some do. It's going up in price now. I bought it for $22 about two weeks ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos