Wired Ethernet

PauLita2

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
It was promised :winktongue:
"The dock also has port for a wired internet connection and USB peripherals" [h t t p://womansera.com/showarticle2.php?id=2492]Lumia comes with a desk top integrator]
"The dock also has ports for a wired Internet connection and USB peripherals?basically everything you need for an office setup." (h t t p://fortune.com/2015/10/07/microsoft-lumia-950-lumia-950-xl-review/]Here's why Microsoft's Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL phones are a big deal - Fortune)

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
MS will need to add drivers for the common usb-to-ethernet dongles. At the moment I'm not aware of any that work. I've personally tried a "Plugable" brand dongle and I got a message to the effect that the USB device wouldn't work. As for a wired internet connection port, there is no rj-45 port on the dock.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've tried a few USB Ethernet adapters too. No drivers-no go.
But I'm hoping for touchscreen support before Ethernet. I have plans for Continuum in the truck!

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I've tried a few USB Ethernet adapters too. No drivers-no go.
But I'm hoping for touchscreen support before Ethernet. I have plans for Continuum in the truck!

So I'm not the only one!

I just got my 950XL yesterday and I'm planning a car pc for my ride using continuum and a 7" touchscreen. I was told touch was already supported. Would be a real bummer if touch drivers weren't implemented in WM10. :(

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So I'm not the only one!

I just got my 950XL yesterday and I'm planning a car pc for my ride using continuum and a 7" touchscreen. I was told touch was already supported. Would be a real bummer if touch drivers weren't implemented in WM10. :(

Nope, I'm all in with Continuum In The Car!

As soon as touchscreen drivers are supported, I'm ordering a gutted (No PC....just the chassis and screen) unit from the guys at E3IO. (e3io.com)

I'll spring for the multi-touch so gestures will be rich. To be honest, on 7" I will be thrilled just to get the UI of the phone. But regardless, I'm betting the future for this kind of stuff is awesome.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I'm all in with Continuum In The Car!

As soon as touchscreen drivers are supported, I'm ordering a gutted (No PC....just the chassis and screen) unit from the guys at E3IO. (e3io.com)

I'll spring for the multi-touch so gestures will be rich. To be honest, on 7" I will be thrilled just to get the UI of the phone. But regardless, I'm betting the future for this kind of stuff is awesome.

WOW! thanks for that website! I was a member of mp3car.com for a long time and had a car pc in my ride about 10 years ago... good times! :)

With continuum, the idea came to me a few weeks and I've been planning it ever since using my 950xl. Bummer about the touch drivers though. I mean, why wouldn't touchscreens be supported from the start as they are USB-HID devices just like a mouse. I have my 950xl, my free display dock is in the mail from MS, and I was about to order a 7" touchscreen with HDMI input for the display. Hopefully this gets rectified soon.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm betting a LOT of features are coming to what we call Continuum today. Keep in mind that your new 950XL is the first device in the world to support it and it is in its infancy. But, I'm betting the really obvious features will come pretty quickly. ("quickly" being a relative term. I'm an old man who thinks things are changing FAST. My mantra is that they invent stuff every single night while I am asleep)

Yea, that website really gets your head thinking outside of the box, doesn't it? But you probably already do that based on your story. You were ahead of the times! :)

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
What's the update on this after Anniversary?
What's the likelihood of a regular USB adapter working with the Dock vs a Type-C adapter working plugged straight into the phone/on the Dock?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I cannot find the link, but it was reported to be working on early AU Insider builds. I don't have one handy, so cannot test, but I think at least a few brands should work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs