Mobile Hotspot on ATT (unlocked 950 XL dual sim)

desaideas1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, getting a lot of different varying reports on this one. I've got the new firmware and hoped it was related to this, but I'm still getting "connection not shared" go to ATT/mywireless or dial 611. Which of course is completely useless.

Before I go a couple rounds with CS, I wanted to see if anybody has it working on ATT, and what, if anything you had to do to get it working.

Thanks.

albe231

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Defense Mobile that uses ATT for its network and have always had the same issues with any of my windows phones. I got it to work once by chaning the network provider in the sim to StraightTalk and messing with the APN settings, but I couldn't get LTE when doing it. Talking to ATT about it was fruitless. You do have a plan that includes tethering correct?

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I've got a 950XL dual SIM and on AT&T. My mobile hotspot is working. Didn't have to do anything to get it working although I will say it looked like a no-go when I first set it up. My SP4 could see the hotspot but couldn't connect. But my S1 connected just fine. So I blamed my SP4. Then I tried it again a few days later and my SP4 connected. Sometimes I have problems connecting the SP4 but for now I think it's the SP4.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've got a 950XL dual SIM and on AT&T. My mobile hotspot is working. Didn't have to do anything to get it working although I will say it looked like a no-go when I first set it up. My SP4 could see the hotspot but couldn't connect. But my S1 connected just fine. So I blamed my SP4. Then I tried it again a few days later and my SP4 connected. Sometimes I have problems connecting the SP4 but for now I think it's the SP4.

Similar experience. In summary, mobile Hotspot with 950XL on AT&T SIM#1 works fine. (Required no special provisioning except the SIM is provisioned with the IMEI number from an AT&T 1520)
Still, at home where the AT&T LTE coverage is down to 1-2 bars max, both the 640 and 1520 (They both have AT&T Sims too) get better throughput. SO I Hotspot with them instead.

At the office, it's 5 bars on all devices and the 950XL competes in throughput in that environment.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh I forgot to mention, my 950XL is provisioned with the 950XL's IMEI. So really, nothing special done to get mobile hotspot working.

Dlothenb

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a 950 XL dual sim phone on AT&T and have mixed results with the mobile hotspot. It essentially never works at my home where the cell signal is good but works at my office where the signal is poor. Usually the devices that I'm trying to tether to my phone see the hotspot but can't connect. In my office everything seems to work. I have the latest firmware and build 10586.63 on my phone.

techgeek32

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the dual Sim on AT&T only using the first slot. Hotspot always works for me. Want to make sure your plan is compatible. I found out the hard way. The new unlimited plan doesn't allow mobile Hotspot at all. Switched back to my old plan immediately.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I have the dual Sim on AT&T only using the first slot. Hotspot always works for me. Want to make sure your plan is compatible. I found out the hard way. The new unlimited plan doesn't allow mobile Hotspot at all. Switched back to my old plan immediately.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Is that the deal for Dish and ATT users? I'd be very unhappy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos