How to Kill a Live Tile

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
On Start screen, I added several tiles into a tile combo (what is real name for it?) but as some of these tiles are animated live I lose track of what each one is when I need to activate them. Is there any way to keep a tile steady showing its own original icon? Thanks a lot.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
On Start screen, I added several tiles into a tile combo (what is real name for it?) but as some of these tiles are animated live I lose track of what each one is when I need to activate them. Is there any way to keep a tile steady showing its own original icon? Thanks a lot.

In a folder you can group tiles together, that's the name for it.

And if you want them to stop there animation, so they will stand still on you home screen, change the size of the live tile to the smallest size.

Last edited:

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
In a folder you can group tiles together, that's the name for it.
And if you want them to stop there animation, so they will stand still on you home screen, change the size of the live tile to the smallest size.
Thanks for the hint. How about single tiles that are not in a folder but keep running as animated. How do I stop them? Tiles like:
  • Photos
  • People
  • Store

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the hint. How about single tiles that are not in a folder but keep running as animated. How do I stop them? Tiles like:
  • Photos
  • People
  • Store
store app: store app -> settings -> live tile -> show products on tile, disable it
photos apps: photos app -> settings -> tile -> choose what to show -> choose "favorites" and then put nothing in the favorites
people app: seems no method to disable live tile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss