Gorilla glass 4??? Unverified by corninggorillaglass.com

decider

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Well it certainly would be nice if there was a way we could verify the claims to make us feel better. I don't mind spending money but I don't want to find fraud in the product specs. And if a product is being misrepresented, it needs to be exposed.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well it certainly would be nice if there was a way we could verify the claims to make us feel better. I don't mind spending money but I don't want to find fraud in the product specs. And if a product is being misrepresented, it needs to be exposed.

Not sure MS is the type of the company to falsify information (particularly specs) of their products. This would open them up to a massive law suit which I don't think they want to deal with.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Are you not overreacting on this? Do you really only buy it if it has gorilla 4 and do you expect that this glass never will break? And how about the other component's do you also need prove?

Neil Gascoyne

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I have a 950 xl, it seems fine. It clearly states Gorilla Glass 4 on the UK MS store web site. In the UK and I think the rest of the EU, don't know about the US, a false claim like that would be flatly illegal, it falls under trades description legislation which I'm certain MS are very aware of.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
It feels like gorilla glass 4. It's a more flexible glass and less hard than the 3 on my Lumia 830.

UPDATE: I emailed corning, we will see what they say.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I've had my 950xl for 6 weeks and it's already badly scratched...normal usage. i've never had it on my Samsung S6+ Edge or the note 4. I don't believe it's gorilla glass anyway

I've had mine since it came out Dec 24th here and not a single scratch. I even had a drive array fall on it and it's fine. I had zippers hit against it too. So yah you must really take care of your investments hehe.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Reply from corning:
Because of non-disclosure clauses in some of our customer contracts, we cannot identify all the devices that feature Corning? Gorilla? Glass, so we encourage you to contact the manufacturer of your device.

RJD1

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had 950XL since first shipping units and the screen still looks new. I don't use any screen protection as is the case with all my Lumias. I put glass on the iPhone 6s as it scratches a little easier than say my Samsung G6S. I find Lumias have stood up better than most on the glass front.

decider

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Are you not overreacting on this? Do you really only buy it if it has gorilla 4 and do you expect that this glass never will break? And how about the other component's do you also need prove?

Well my Grandma always told me, "never say never, nevery say always".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes