App Notifications not working consistently

TC_808

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I've been using my Lumia 950 XL since early December and performed at least 2 hard resets, one in particular to fix the lost Outlook mail images. My firmware is 01078.00027.15506.02005 (successfully received 2 days ago) and OS build is 10.0.10586.29 (I'm not on insider prg). But for some time, I have not been able to get notifications from background apps (e.g. MSN News, MSN Sports, MSN Money, Skype, CNN, ESPN, ABC News, NBC News). Fortunately, I'm getting outlook emails and notifications from IM apps such as Telegram, Whatsapp, etc. But Skype fails.

But every time I do a soft reset, a flood of notifications from the aforementioned apps do come through, and will work for at least the next 1-2 hours and then stop again. If I soft reset again, the same thing happens (notifications immediately come through but will soon stop thereafter). I have a Vector watch and Band 1 paired via Bluetooth constantly, and work fine. I turned them off to see if their pairing is a problem, but it does not solve it.

The aforementioned apps all have the background app setting On. I do not wish to do another hard reset, and I'm willing to wait for any phone updates. Anyone else have suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs