I can't hear the other person when calling on my Lumia 950 XL Dual SIM.

3la2ooH

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a new Lumia 950 XL two days ago, and I'm having this weird issue. When someone calls me or whenever I call someone, I can't hear what he's saying, while they can hear what I say. And it's not just me. My friend is having the same issue on his Lumia 950 XL.

So can anyone help me here? is there a solution for this issue or should I just take it to warranty?
:unhappy:

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem one day.
Turned out my BT audio device was on when I thought it was off.
It was off, plugged into the charge port on the Continuum Dock. It seems, waking the dock and monitor also woke the BT device.

Daniel Ionescu1

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
I started having the same problem on my Lumia 950 XL. The issue was not there since the beginning, it just started acting up ~1 month ago, so far i only got this problem 4 times in a month. Indeed you cannot hear what people say, for a quick fix during a call you can tap to activate the speaker and that will allow you to hear what the other is talking. After the call you can restart the device and this fixes it for me (for a while). It randomly occurs on my side. I can take the BT thing out of the question since i never used it, so that is clearly not the case. I have no idea if this is something hardware or software.... it might be hardware, since i've seen some people complaining about the same issue older phones (all lumia), starting with 2013.

If someone finds out something (if it's software i guess we'll just have to wait for a patch) that states that it's a hardware problem, please post, so i can go to my provider and change the phone with a new one.

Thanks.

van_mierlo

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue while in Vegas during CES (dual sim 950XL). A friend of mine with a single sim 950XL had the same issue while there.

Very frustrating. It was on and off constantly.

After returning back on the east coast I never had that problem again. However I still did exchange my device.

Marsiss Tian

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Although my 950 xl did not have this problem, my old iphone 4 had similar issue during a call, I had to turn on speaker to hear the other side. Later turning out to be sim card problem, changing a new sim card solved that issue.
By the way, my carrier is AT&T.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos