It's been about a week now, now live tile for Facebook, I've uninstalled , restarted and installed but nothing, no nothing just a blue tile ?

What gives ?
    01-09-2016 04:40 PM
    As far as I'm aware the new Facebook app, at least on Windows 10 doesn't have a tile that shows your cover photo like it used too, it's just the blue square/rectangle. However when I get notification it switches to a picture of the person and the notification message so if you're not getting that I'm not sure what the problem is.
    01-09-2016 05:22 PM
    Not getting anything, you used to get a number adding up on the corner , a count of notifications but now that's gone too, tbh this app is not great, it's slow and buggy and a backwards step, they need to sort it out being one of the most used apps on the market.
    01-09-2016 06:42 PM
    The fb app is not the universal W10 one, they are working on it. Until then, I am also unable to see all live tile functions. it doesn't update any photo, but does give notification when someone posts or add me etc.

A bigger bug is fb messenger, the notification sound always defaults to Neo, which is very annoying sound. It will play my selected sound for a while, but will reset back to default sound eventually. it will also reset to default chime when you restart the device.
    01-09-2016 06:58 PM
    The fb app is not the universal W10 one, they are working on it. Until then, I am also unable to see all live tile functions. it doesn't update any photo, but does give notification when someone posts or add me etc.

A bigger bug is fb messenger, the notification sound always defaults to Neo, which is very annoying sound. It will play my selected sound for a while, but will reset back to default sound eventually. it will also reset to default chime when you restart the device.

Never had that issue with Messenger. And from what I've heard the Facebook beta on the windows 10 pc will be the beta app. It's made by facebook

Sent from mTalk
    Allen Rhodes likes this.
    01-09-2016 07:03 PM
    Never had that issue with Messenger. And from what I've heard the Facebook beta on the windows 10 pc will be the beta app. It's made by facebook

Sent from mTalk
    try setting a different notification tone to it. See how long it will stick. also do a reboot and see if it says on the one you selected.
    01-09-2016 07:47 PM
    try setting a different notification tone to it. See how long it will stick. also do a reboot and see if it says on the one you selected.

I did I actually downloaded the actual Messenger tone it's never changed on me even the few times I've uninstalled and reinstalled the same tone I downloaded was on it I didn't even have to reapply it

Sent from mTalk
    01-10-2016 09:03 AM
    I did I actually downloaded the actual Messenger tone it's never changed on me even the few times I've uninstalled and reinstalled the same tone I downloaded was on it I didn't even have to reapply it

Sent from mTalk
    What is the "actual Messenger tone" you are talking about. A third party download? So maybe a custom tone will stick, but any one from the phone's preset choices won't.
    01-10-2016 04:53 PM
    What is the "actual Messenger tone" you are talking about. A third party download? So maybe a custom tone will stick, but any one from the phone's preset choices won't.

It's the messenger tone on iOS and android the official notification tone not sure why anyone would use anything else

Sent from mTalk
    01-10-2016 10:09 PM
    It's the messenger tone on iOS and android the official notification tone not sure why anyone would use anything else

Sent from mTalk
    because it is damn annoying.
    01-10-2016 10:50 PM
    because it is damn annoying.

I like it because it's distinctive to that app when I hear it I know it's Messenger no matter what device or os I'm using

Sent from mTalk
    01-11-2016 07:24 AM
    You use original FB app? I just use browser as app do not show me all news in a feed (most recent) . How can I solve this problem?
    01-11-2016 07:36 AM
    You use original FB app? I just use browser as app do not show me all news in a feed (most recent) . How can I solve this problem?

I use Facebook beta and the messenger app

the fb apps are screwed as far as the news feed goes they only show a few recent posts then they show posts from hours ago I use t he beta for the actionable notifications theres no way to fix it waiting on the universal facebook app to launch to hopefully remedy these issues

Sent from mTalk
    01-11-2016 11:49 AM
    Facebook promised all official apps at the launch of windows 10. But where are all the official apps for windows phone??
    01-11-2016 12:01 PM
    I use Facebook beta and the messenger app

the fb apps are screwed as far as the news feed goes they only show a few recent posts then they show posts from hours ago I use t he beta for the actionable notifications theres no way to fix it waiting on the universal facebook app to launch to hopefully remedy these issues

Sent from mTalk
    Thanks, so I am not alone with this problem. Hope FB will fix this. Weird to use edge for FB browsing on 950 lumia ))
    01-11-2016 12:41 PM
    Facebook promised all official apps at the launch of windows 10. But where are all the official apps for windows phone??

windows 10 hasn't officially launched for phones yet ....they released 3 phones going on 4, but they haven't launched it to their current devices yet

theres a rumored launch tomorrow on the 12th, and theres suppose to be a official app launching this week according to rudy huyn so I would keep my eyes open maybe this week

Sent from mTalk
    01-11-2016 02:07 PM
    Hi All

I have just bought a lumia 950, and had to re install facebook as it was freezing, then all of a sudden the tile pictures have gone (used to be my cover photo) , and the notifications are buggy, is this the app? if so Im gonna send the phone back as Ive got a few more days with the warranty

Many Thanks
    09-22-2016 08:33 AM
    Hi I bought a lumia 950, have had to re install facebook as it was freezing, now the cover photos don't appear, and notifications are random, does anyone have any information on any updates, or who to contact/complain about this or what I can check on my phone been through it and cant find where to manage the live tiles? I still have a few days to return the phone, with that and still no facebook live function, they are way behind I phones...
    09-22-2016 08:38 AM
    Hi I bought a lumia 950, have had to re install facebook as it was freezing, now the cover photos don't appear, and notifications are random, does anyone have any information on any updates, or who to contact/complain about this or what I can check on my phone been through it and cant find where to manage the live tiles? I still have a few days to return the phone, with that and still no facebook live function, they are way behind I phones...
    09-22-2016 08:40 AM
    Hi all.
    Was the Live Tile issue ever resolved? I have a Lumia 950, running Windows 10 and fully updated but the Live Tile is dead and nothing appears in What's New.
    Looks like a backward step to me.
    11-14-2017 07:29 AM
    What release of W10M? The FB live tile updates properly on my 650 under 15254.1.
    11-14-2017 11:45 AM