Jaime Salas

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: How long to wait till hard reset

Here is my latest info on my Phone:

Lumia 950Xl Single Sim

OS Build: 10.0.10586.63
Firmware: 01078.00027.15506.02008

Sooo I don't know what the latest firmware is, but thats what I have in regards to firmware and OS Build.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Resetting my phone and signing for Insider did not have any effect. Same bull**** 'Your phone is up to date'.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

Just curious, what device are you on?
a single sim 950xl
I just reset my phone using these key combinations. I used my backup. When it was ready I got message "Your sim card ..... restart". After restart I checked updates and nothing. Was is not a good reset???
don't restore from backup..
Here is my latest info on my Phone:

Lumia 950Xl Single Sim

OS Build: 10.0.10586.63
Firmware: 01078.00027.15506.02008

Sooo I don't know what the latest firmware is, but thats what I have in regards to firmware and OS Build.
same for me

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have reset my phone, again. Did not use backup at this time. No updates.
950 XL dual, att, Chicago.

While everything is new on the phone, my text messages are from the previous installation. Not sure how did it know about my messages.

Thanks

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I have reset my phone, again. Did not use backup at this time. No updates.
950 XL dual, att, Chicago.

While everything is new on the phone, my text messages are from the previous installation. Not sure how did it know about my messages.

Thanks
text messages are stored in the cloud and will be automatically sync to all devices signing in with the same Microsoft account.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Like all updates, they are staggered upon release. So not everyone will get the firmware at the same time. It goes out to a small set of people, and then will continually grow over the course of the next couple of weeks.

Have patience. Resetting your phone may not do anything if you keep trying it. There is no way to force it. Just make sure you aren't enrolled in the Insider program, otherwise you (currently) won't get firmware updates.

Jaime Salas

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site

I have heard that before... I have also read a lot from other people that returned their dual sim phones and were trying to buy the single sim phones.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads Merged.

User... Do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There is a new windows insider update that allows you to opt out of the insider program correctly so that you can upgrade the firmware. There should be a thread about it open from today. I was able to update the firmware this morning without doing a hard reset. It took me a tries, and I had to uninstall the old version of windows insider and install the new version, but then when I opted out, I could download the firmware.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I haven't read all of this thread, but I used the Windows Device Recovery Tool ----- (I forget what its called) to roll back to 8.1 and apparently picked up a firmware update on my 1520.3. Now, I will wait for the official (non-Insider) update to 10596.63. We'll see what it brings.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
So, I have been too afraid to do the Insider route, mostly because I didn?t want to do the Hard Reset thing (still don?t), but yesterday I was still on Build .29. The night before I checked for ?Phone Updates? and received the Firmware update (put me to FW: 01078.00027.15506.02005). After receiving the FW update, I checked the Build number, and it remained at .29.

So I installed Windows Insider (fast track), from the Store, went to ?check for Updates? again?and was immediately given access to another update. After a period of time - for the download & install - I was prompted to ?restart?. I did, check again and saw that I had received OS Build .63. I have just opted back out of the Insider. Hopefully I haven?t offended the gremlins.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
So, I have been too afraid to do the Insider route, mostly because I didn?t want to do the Hard Reset thing (still don?t), but yesterday I was still on Build .29. The night before I checked for ?Phone Updates? and received the Firmware update (put me to FW: 01078.00027.15506.02005). After receiving the FW update, I checked the Build number, and it remained at .29.

So I installed Windows Insider (fast track), from the Store, went to ?check for Updates? again?and was immediately given access to another update. After a period of time - for the download & install - I was prompted to ?restart?. I did, check again and saw that I had received OS Build .63. I have just opted back out of the Insider. Hopefully I haven?t offended the gremlins.

What device? Location?

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I just got it yesterday. You should use the WDRT tool. FYI it wipes your phone and you have to reload from backup which is a pain in the butt

I thought getting out of the insider program did that. Which OS did you have to be on to get the firmware? I'm on att 950 or is it randomly going out?

Msolok

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
There seems to be some confusion in this thread around the 2 main update types you will see for Windows 10 Mobile devices. They are OS Build / OS updates and Firmware updates.

OS Build / Updates are universal updates that will apply to all Windows 10 Mobile devices. These will include things like OS bug fixes, improvements and new features. Insider allows you to get these updates early, in order to do testing and providd updates to Microsoft (eg these updates may have issues and are not 100% stable or release ready). I would honedtly only recommend insider to power users who are happy testing.

Firmware updates are device specific. They are basically a bunch of drivers and hardware firmwares that may include fixes and improvements for the hardware (which will result in better Windows experience). Insidrr does not accelerate getting these updates at this stage (and that's a very good thing).

So if you have just downloaded the latest Firmw a re f or your 950 or 950xl your OS build will not have changed. I think the current OS build for everyone is .36, and those on Insidrr Fast Ring (not sure if slow ring has recieved it yet) will be .63.
The current firmware release for the 950 and 950xl is .02013

I hope this clears it up for a lot of people!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon