What do I need to do to get new firmware

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
How long to wait till hard reset

So far I am not getting latest Insider update. How long to wait for a hard Reset?

Thanks

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: How long to wait till hard reset

I am not getting 63 update but still have a few days to return the phone. Can someone please confirm that there is nothing wrong with the phone?

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

I am not getting 63 update but still have a few days to return the phone. Can someone please confirm that there is nothing wrong with the phone?
try resetting the phone via hardware keys combination method, not in the settings app and not via the windows device recovery tool.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Resetting is my problem. If I have to reset every time to get some updates then I dont want this particular unit.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

Resetting is my problem. If I have to reset every time to get some updates then I dont want this particular unit.
no need to reset every time for getting an update. just the occasions that some strange problems emerge and have no clue to solve. i couldn't get the .63 and .36 previously. i tried reset in settings app and via windows device recovery tool but same error message come out. some info i searched in the internet said maybe there are some corrupted sectors in the internal storage of my phone and this could be corrected by hardware keys combination method. i tried. it worked. i got the .63 then.so i suggest you give it a try. if still fails, return it.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

What the key combination is?
1, simultaneously press and hold the [power] and [down] keys, until the phone vibrates;
2, release the [power] key, keep holding the [down] key, then an exclamation mark will appear on screen;
3, release the [down] key and then press the [up] key (no need holding, just press and release);
4, press the [down] key;
5, press the [power] key;
6, press the [down] key;

then the phone will vibrate, the spinning gears appear, resetting.

after resetting, install the insider app, subscribe to fast ring, check update, then you should get the .63.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site

no need to reset every time for getting an update. just the occasions that some strange problems emerge and have no clue to solve. i couldn't get the .63 and .36 previously. i tried reset in settings app and via windows device recovery tool but same error message come out. some info i searched in the internet said maybe there are some corrupted sectors in the internal storage of my phone and this could be corrected by hardware keys combination method. i tried. it worked. i got the .63 then.so i suggest you give it a try. if still fails, return it.

Just curious, what device are you on?

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site

1, simultaneously press and hold the [power] and [down] keys, until the phone vibrates;
2, release the [power] key, keep holding the [down] key, then an exclamation mark will appear on screen;
3, release the [down] key and then press the [up] key (no need holding, just press and release);
4, press the [down] key;
5, press the [power] key;
6, press the [down] key;

then the phone will vibrate, the spinning gears appear, resetting.

after resetting, install the insider app, subscribe to fast ring, check update, then you should get the .63.

In the above, I can't see the characters for the keys. They're blank! Strange. Maybe it's some sort of font or icon problem. Can someone fill in the blanks?

Jaime Salas

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site

Can't I just go into the all settings area and click the reset link? Wont that do the same thing?

*Update* If your phone is functioning fine, you can go into the ALL Settings area and go to the reset phone link and that will hard reset your phone. Then follow the rest of Peter Leung Reply.

Last edited:

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

I just reset my phone using these key combinations. I used my backup. When it was ready I got message "Your sim card ..... restart". After restart I checked updates and nothing. Was is not a good reset???

Jaime Salas

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site

I'm in the middle of the update to .36 after doing the hard reset from within the phone... I will do a restore of apps and stuff after its finishes updating... Ill report back after I am done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss