Which One Is The Latest 950XL Firmware Update Version

Amos Beni

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday I enrolled on the Insider program, Fast Ring and updated my 950XL to .63 build. However, I am not sure what is supposed to be the latest firmware. The firmware version reads 01078.00027.15506.02017 which has been there since I got the phone.What is supposed to be the lumia 950xl latest firmware? Is this the one? I opted out of the Insider program after the .63 update to check for firmware updates. I have been trying hard to be on the most recent firmware update because my phone was heating up quite much and the battery was draining fast, depleting in less than 24 hours.

I am not a heavy user. Just occasional whatsapp, taking some few pics, and sometimes calls. A couple of days ago I charged my phone to 100%, switched off the phone as I went to sleep and 7 hours later the phone couldn't turn on as the battery was depleted. I had disabled most background apps prior to this. Of course this happened once but I haven't figured out the cause. Is this normal or something is wrong with the hardware? At some point I could hear some clicking sounds from the speaker while the phone was idle but this has of course stopped. Were all these issues to do with the OS or firmware that I should be confident they will be solved with the updates, or I should swap the phone before the option expires? I really wish to retain this phone as it's appealing and my first windows phone. But I am worried. Somehow.

On another note, I was on .29 build before this latest update. Which means I skipped the .36 build. Am I missing some fixes in this case?:confused:

Last edited:

WoodyPWX

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
To prevent battery problems on my Lumi 950xl SS (tested with the latest FW you have as well and .36 build) I have to set mail sync to manual on all email accounts (I have company exchange, gmail.com and outlook.com). I have to fully close Edge app anytime I use it and I can't be logged to Skype (logged out in both Messaging + Skype and standalone Skype app)

Amos Beni

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestions. I only have one outlook account set on the phone. I haven't added any others. Edge is closed. Will observe it for today on this .63 build. Looks some slight improvement so far

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6