Camera update today removed bracketing option.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Microsoft removed bracketing from (950) Camera because it was a "bug farm — expensive to maintain and of low value for 99.9% of users". Quoting more from the reply: "we now have HDR and" (take note!) "are soon adding UI to allow you to force HDR capture". Good news I'd say!

I'm quoting SmartCamClub who got an answer directly from Microsoft Imaging team.

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Yes. Microsoft removed bracketing from (950) Camera because it was a "bug farm — expensive to maintain and of low value for 99.9% of users". Quoting more from the reply: "we now have HDR and" (take note!) "are soon adding UI to allow you to force HDR capture". Good news I'd say!

I'm quoting SmartCamClub who got an answer directly from Microsoft Imaging team.

Not a good reason. One of the main drawing points for Lumia are their great cameras. If Microsoft starts removing camera features because they don't feel like putting the effort into supporting it, then all they are doing is weakening one fo the primary reasons people choose a Lumia over an android or iphone.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm a mobile photographer, and whilst I've been using bracketing on a Lumix TZ5, on Nokia 808, I've *never* used it on a Lumia (1020, 640 or 950). 99,99% of people use bracketing for HDR. Now you have RAW and RichCapture.

I seriously doubt, as Daniel in his article, that people were using bracketing, even amongst "pro" mobile photographers.

So I agree with your general statement, but I don't think it can apply to bracketing. Nobody bought a Lumia for bracketing, and to achieve HDR, it's probably the less relevant way to generate one.

Anyway, I was only reporting MS information given to SmarcamClub.

In the meanwhile, AAWP have posted an article on the topic, as they've received the same information from Microsoft : 'Force HDR' coming soon to Windows 10 Camera

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb