Free 1 yr Office 365 + 1TB Onedrive storage for 950 XL owners

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
In case you dont follow WC on twitter or missed the article about the Lumia Offers App...there is a new offer available. If you open the app you should see Office 365 Personal for 1 Year. This includes 1TB of OneDrive storage, Office installed on a PC, tablet, and phone, and skype minutes.

I am still trying to figure out if my Surface Pro 2 counts as a tablet or PC. I installed it on there and it says i am using my one PC office space. This is a tablet damn it! Oh well i really just need this offer for the free 1TB Onedrive space. I was just about to buy O365 and then this offer came up.

Owning a Lumia 950 XL keeps getting better and better! First a free 100$ display dock and now this! I love MS!

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Man the only thing that sucks is i just bought the Office Suite 2016 through the HUP program.... O'well, free Office for the tablet i suppose!

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up on this. Crappy part is I keep getting a "Device verification error" message when I try to check the offers.

ubo69

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
It shows the offer on my phone but when I select it it tells me that the offer is only valid for Lumias with Windows 8.1 or higher :straight:
I got build 10.0.10586.29 and firmware 01078.00027.15506.02029

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Nice late Christmas present. Thanks Santa Microsoft. I just activated it (after having to try to get it multiple times with errors all morning, but the offers app worked tonight), and added to the free one year I got with the purchase of my Lumia 640 last year. So I have it free until August of 2017! Maybe another year will come free with something else I buy before then. Just a heads up that it sets you up for auto renewal. I went in and turned off auto renewal form office.com. I figure even if I do not get another free year some time, I can buy a year somewhere for cheaper than the retail price Microsoft will charge me. when the time comes.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Just checked my offer (in uk), and was surprise to see the office 365 offer. thought I am not sure if its a subscription of ?59.99 after that, so make sure you cancel the deal after a year I guess.

nausky

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Just checked my offer (in uk), and was surprise to see the office 365 offer. thought I am not sure if its a subscription of ?59.99 after that, so make sure you cancel the deal after a year I guess.

I always get a warning email before office auto-renews.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Is there any difference between the Office phone apps I already have that came pre-installed with my 950 XL and the Office 365 apps I would get on my phone? Or is just the subscription based part?

I have 2016 HUP installed at home, so I don't really need it there. So neither of those seems to have a benefit. I buy the HUP version every year and have a few I haven't installed over the years.

Do I lose my 1 TB after one year on onedrive? Just seeing if there's any real benefit in my case.

Last edited:

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
It shows the offer on my phone but when I select it it tells me that the offer is only valid for Lumias with Windows 8.1 or higher :straight:
I got build 10.0.10586.29 and firmware 01078.00027.15506.02029
Damn sorry I kept getting this day after day when I first got the phone and after a few days it starting working, for the display dock that is. It seemed everyone at the time was having the same problem so we thought it was on MS end. But now you are getting it with this offer, all i can say is keep trying it WILL eventually work. Or you can reach out to @lumiahelp on twitter.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
it will auto renew so you do have to cancel it. I have my calendar to remind me to cancel on Jan 14th 2017.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Is there any difference between the Office phone apps I already have that came pre-installed with my 950 XL and the Office 365 apps I would get on my phone? Or is just the subscription based part?

I have 2016 HUP installed at home, so I don't really need it there. So neither of those seems to have a benefit. I buy the HUP version every year and have a few I haven't installed over the years.

Do I lose my 1 TB after one year on onedrive? Just seeing if there's any real benefit in my case.

I have the same question! So +1

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking what's going to happen with the fact I have a 5 license version and now the 1 plus got 1tb is that now 2tb or extended license there!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster