Free 1 yr Office 365 + 1TB Onedrive storage for 950 XL owners

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Is there any difference between the Office phone apps I already have that came pre-installed with my 950 XL and the Office 365 apps I would get on my phone? Or is just the subscription based part?

I have 2016 HUP installed at home, so I don't really need it there. So neither of those seems to have a benefit. I buy the HUP version every year and have a few I haven't installed over the years.

Do I lose my 1 TB after one year on onedrive? Just seeing if there's any real benefit in my case.

1TB: you can store anything that you want there within the limit. After a year, what you've stored remains in storage. You can access it, download stuff but you won't be able to upload. This is from experience. This also affects lumia backup, you won't be able to do new backups if your office 365 expires and the onedrive storage used is more than 30GB

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Isn't this being offered so that you'll get the full Office experience with Continuum (for a year, anyway. Then you would have to subscribe)?

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
If you use this code on your account that currently has a University or Home subscription, it will downgrade to a Personal subscription.

You can, optionally, purchase a month of Home for $9.99 after redeeming your free Personal subscription to upgrade it back to Home. Its not totally free, but $9.99 for a year or more of Office 365 Home is a steal.

rickt1

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
If you use this code on your account that currently has a University or Home subscription, it will downgrade to a Personal subscription.

You can, optionally, purchase a month of Home for $9.99 after redeeming your free Personal subscription to upgrade it back to Home. Its not totally free, but $9.99 for a year or more of Office 365 Home is a steal.
wasn't sure if Microsoft had closed this loophole

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
1TB: you can store anything that you want there within the limit. After a year, what you've stored remains in storage. You can access it, download stuff but you won't be able to upload. This is from experience. This also affects lumia backup, you won't be able to do new backups if your office 365 expires and the onedrive storage used is more than 30GB

Chintan, Thanks for the clarification.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Chintan,

Question: I currently have 10.2 TB (yes, TB), and when I activate this 1 TB promo, it should raise it to 11 TB, and change. Is their anything I can do to preserve my available space? Do I just have to keep re-newing, and I will keep it all? Thanks.

Please forgive my dipression.

Wheels35

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
In case you dont follow WC on twitter or missed the article about the Lumia Offers App...there is a new offer available. If you open the app you should see Office 365 Personal for 1 Year. This includes 1TB of OneDrive storage, Office installed on a PC, tablet, and phone, and skype minutes.

I am still trying to figure out if my Surface Pro 2 counts as a tablet or PC. I installed it on there and it says i am using my one PC office space. This is a tablet damn it! Oh well i really just need this offer for the free 1TB Onedrive space. I was just about to buy O365 and then this offer came up.

Owning a Lumia 950 XL keeps getting better and better! First a free 100$ display dock and now this! I love MS!

A note on whether Office 365 on the Surface Pro 2 is a tablet or a PC. If you install O365 first on your Pro it will take up the first available license from PC, if you install O365 on a PC/MAC first, then on the Pro it will take up a tablet license. :D

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
A note on whether Office 365 on the Surface Pro 2 is a tablet or a PC. If you install O365 first on your Pro it will take up the first available license from PC, if you install O365 on a PC/MAC first, then on the Pro it will take up a tablet license. :D
Actually I found it to be even better than that! It takes up tablet or pc depending on what the other device is, so installed on pro2 first which did look like it took up pc but when I installed it on my laptop it must have automatically changed it to tablet on the pro. Point is I didn't have to uninstall it on the pro to get it on my laptop, I just installed it on the laptop and it worked. It seems it is either a tablet or a pc so you can have it on a iPad + pro 2 OR desktop + pro 2 and it doesn't matter the order in which you install it.

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I just contacted MS support about how this stacks with other Office 365 subscriptions and DO NOT ACTIVATE it if you have a different Office 365 subscription with a longer time range.

If have a Office 365 Unversity subscription that lasts till 2018. I was told by MS support that using this code would downgrade my account to Personal and expire in 2017. Activating this would actually be detrimental to my account.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got this by clicking on the link and Everything Went well. For those that were asking some questions about what happens if you already have subscripiton, this one will add one year when your suscribtion period is over.
BUT there is also one thing people need to know, this is a SUBSCRIPTION, which means you got ONE year free, and it will automatically charge you Money when it is time for the next year. I Think it is very important to know this since I Believe there is many people that only intall this because it is free and don't really need it or use it. So pay attention after a year that you will be charged for subscription for this Product !!!

DonDiddit

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
It seems they didn't. But hey, I got a year of Office 365 Home for $10 because of it.

As stated in my above post.

What does that mean? I redeem this offer, pay 10 Dollars for the Home package, and then what? Quit the home package? And it still stays active for a month somehow? Anywhere I can read up on this a little more?

Also, since I'm really only interested in this for this reason, do I understand correctly this Lumia Offer does not include an Office copyfor my home PC by default?

Thank you guys, wouldn't have noticed the offer if not for this thread!

rickt1

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I just contacted MS support about how this stacks with other Office 365 subscriptions and DO NOT ACTIVATE it if you have a different Office 365 subscription with a longer time range.

If have a Office 365 Unversity subscription that lasts till 2018. I was told by MS support that using this code would downgrade my account to Personal and expire in 2017. Activating this would actually be detrimental to my account.
Had office home via the trick activated this and it stacked (my date went from 2017 to 2018) did the trick again and all seems fine.

4everForever

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I got it on my french Lumia 950 XL DS, that I am using in Germany (Region set to US^^) :)
Germany is one of the countries that can enjoy the offer.. "Normally, a one-year subscription to Office 365 Personal costs $70. But if you live in the approved regions?the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden?you?ll receive it for free."

Lumia 950, Lumia 950XL owners can claim a free year of Office 365 | PCWorld

I am staying in Malaysia, set the region in my phone to US, couldn't get the offer.. :unhappy:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Chintan,

Question: I currently have 10.2 TB (yes, TB), and when I activate this 1 TB promo, it should raise it to 11 TB, and change. Is their anything I can do to preserve my available space? Do I just have to keep re-newing, and I will keep it all? Thanks.

Please forgive my dipression.

I'm not sure what would happen. I used to have 10TB but when my free office 365 license expired it went away. Even when I renewed the office 365 license, I didn't get the 10TB back. There was a lot of noise when MS decided to go back to 1TB.

I might recommend you using that 1TB with another account so that you are definitely sure of getting 11TB total rather than attempting to activate the 1TB and risk lose 10TB

You should also talk to onedrive support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo