Not happy with Gorilla glass 4 (Too brittle)

nomadph

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Rear camera glass doesn't touch the surface if you lay it on a table

Yes I know. But it will possibly create a dent on the protruding shelf. The way I see it the glass the suppose to be the most durable part of the phone

Edit: At least when just placing the hardware in a desk. I didn't mean durable when dropped.

nomadph

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Get a microfiber cloth and clean. Sometimes it may look like scratches bbut it's dirty. I put use to put mine down screen first and have no issues. Though now I place it on the camera side as the mozo case has a ring protecting the camera. But I keep mine clean with a microfiber cloth and wipe it down quite often.
Trust me. I only use microfiber clothes to clean my Android, iPhone, and winmo phone. I would love to order a mozo case but it cost 2x the price after shipping.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Snip> Not everyone is in redneck country where they can just jump online and get one the next day.

Hey, I resemble that remark. :cool:

No offense taken, of course. Down here in the Lone Star State we mostly hold up that image intentionally.
No exaggeration: 4-way stop with approximately 20 vehicles. 16ish are pickup trucks. Nothing peculiar about it either.
However, I don't think we have any advantages for buying things online.

nomadph

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey, I resemble that remark. :cool:

No offense taken, of course. Down here in the Lone Star State we mostly hold up that image intentionally.
No exaggeration: 4-way stop with approximately 20 vehicles. 16ish are pickup trucks. Nothing peculiar about it either.
However, I don't think we have any advantages for buying things online.

LOL yea I'm from the north side of h-town. I know what you mean! Took a job in SE Asia and now I have to either wait for my people from states side to drop off my amazon orders or pay heavily on local import tax and shipping. So you have all the avantages from 24hr delivery or pick up points :)

nomadph

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes sir.. I still have some country in me. Dispite being an expat for over 15yrs. All 3 of my siblings drive a truck so I know exactly what you mean.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
[note]Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.[/note]

Hna

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
My 950XL screen also has a lot of scratches just from hanging on my pocket.
I also dropped it earlier this month and managed to slow it down with my foot. Still the phone then fell on the screen and I have a 1mm chip...
Really disapointed. Never used any kind of protection on my phones and never had issues with drops or scratches on the screen...

7a2eer

Banned
Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I gave my father a L925 in new condition. He drops it all the time. Saw him drop it flat on its screen, around 2m high impacting on ceramic. Nada...
I honestly thought the L925 was fragile (as I own a L920), and it has held up incredibly well. Few dings in the corners but no cracks or scratches.

Shouldn't need to carry a phone in a shock proof case all day. Bulky, ugly, and inconvenient. Does not change the fact that the phone itself is fragile, unlike its predecessors...

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Interesting scratch test. Older polycarbonate phones had the color throughout the entire plastic, thus light scratches were not nearly as visible. China phones have far better build quality (haters see Huawei 5X, OnePlus X, etc)
RIP L800, L830, L920, L925, L1020, L1520, Nokia

I've dropped my 950xl on pavement and got the back scratched up. The white stuff brushes off and the polycarbonate is still black underneath.

7a2eer

Banned
Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I've dropped my 950xl on pavement and got the back scratched up. The white stuff brushes off and the polycarbonate is still black underneath.

Thanks for that info. The video was deceiving :/
Of course that guy seems to go gentle on VERY specific phones... Looked like he was going hulk on the L950 and it still didn't break

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6