Locked Phone for security reasons on 950 XL

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So, I have an issue when my phone is close to my router, it constantly reboots. Tonight, I went to wake up my phone and I got the message your phone has been locked for security reasons. Please plug in you phone to a power source for at least 2 hours and then restart it. Here is what I found, you need to log in to your Microsoft account either on the Microsoft website or Outlook.com. Then go to find my device and lock your phone. You are then requested to enter a 6 digit code (note it was 4 previously). Power cycle your phone and enter the new 6 digit code. Your phone will now be unlocked.

I'm ok with a 6 digit code...but come on Microsoft, a little advanced warning would have been nice along with the fix.....Bad Microsoft....Bad!

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
What is even stranger, I went back in and changed my pin to 4 digits and was able to make the change and successfully lock and unlock the phone with 4 digits. If you hit this error, then I'd say log in to your account on either Microsoft.com or Outlook.com, lock you phone and enter a 6 digit code and then power cycle your phone and enter the new 6 digit code. You can then either keep your new 6 digit code, or revert back to 4 digits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos