Just curious if I need to do a swap with my MS Store. I have the latest firmware and OS version .36 and still get about 1 - 3 random reboots a week.

Had one yesterday while using the camera. A few days earlier had another one while my phone was just being charged. I see on average about 1 - 3 a week right now. I admit these updates did fix a lot of initial instability as I was performing my own resets multiple times a day for apps that wouldn't launch, apps freezing or acting very buggy. I don't experience most of these now.

My XL was also part of the original day one batch. But I've seen many people claiming to never have a single issue ever with theirs and I guess I've found that hard to believe.
    01-21-2016 11:14 AM
    Same situation here with L950 on .36. I get maybe 1 reboot per week. I can live with it for now.
    01-21-2016 11:27 AM
    My 950 was doing random restarts the first month I had it. Not many, maybe 4 times or so. Had the phone 2 months now and have not had any reboots in the last few weeks.
    I'm not on the insider program so I'm still at .29. This phone has actually gotten better as time goes on. It seems to be a lot better with the most recent firmware update I guess. Don't really know.
    All I know is I'm glad I was blessed with the good deal I got on my NL925 trade in for the 950.
    Win10 can only get better from here.
    I thank the the Lord Jesus for my blessings.
    CraigCole and Captain_Eric like this.
    01-21-2016 11:31 AM
    I am on .36 as well and experience a reboot about every other day (Including times when the phone refuses to wake up so I have to manually reboot). Seems random for the most part with the exception of use of the Guardian app which causes most of the reboots.

As a perfectionist it irritates me (along with the poor battery life), but as a tech early adopter I can live with it.
    01-21-2016 11:34 AM
    Iam on 29 os non insider with latest firmware and have got max 2 reboots in about a month...soo iam ok with it...waiting for official release of ver 63 for us
    01-21-2016 11:46 AM
    On some occasions, I reach over for my phone and it has obviously rebooted since I used it last. It's far from common, but it has happened.

I too would be happier if we were a couple of years down the road on all things Windows 10. But alas, we can't cheat time. And personally, I am amazed at what has already been achieved. It's crazy what we walk arouond with in our pockets these days, regardless of which platform.
    01-21-2016 11:47 AM
    Somewhat glad to know others are seeing the same thing. Not saying my phone is rebooting constantly but definitely on a weekly basis give or take a reboot or 2. I'm definitely not manually rebooting anywhere close to what I was the first month so that in itself is a huge pain relief.

Curious if this is something that can be fully solved eventually with system updates.
    01-21-2016 12:16 PM
    the only time I experience this is when I am in an app, and then swipe down to change the brightness from the quick menu at the top. the phone will freeze, and has to be rebooted.
    01-21-2016 12:39 PM
    Latest firmware and OS .63 on my NAM US 950XL DS.

I would not know, I haven't seen a random reboot, but it's probably because I do a controlled shutdown and reboot once per day, otherwise the quiet hours forget to engage and I get annoyed in the middle of the night.
    01-21-2016 12:57 PM
    Got mine last Friday (Jan 15th)

I hadn't seen it reboot on its own up until yesterday.

As of yesterday now (Jan 20th) I had it lock up with a black screen (wouldn't wake up) then 10-15 min later it rebooted itself just sitting on my desk. Today it did the same again, just rebooted without even being touched.

So in the past 24hrs I've had a lock up and 2x unscheduled reboots. WHEE!

Edit: I should mention I'm on insider build .63.
    01-21-2016 01:09 PM
    I had the phone reboot while on a call today. Surprised me and made the person on the other end think I hung up on them.
    Had the phone two months, don't spend a lot of time on calls. First time its happened, hopefully the last. Other then that a couple of random reboots total.
    01-21-2016 02:39 PM
    Yep, rebooting from time to time still present. I updated to .63, still the same.
    01-21-2016 05:45 PM
    today, i hit the phone app and the screen blinked and I was looking at a gear with a lightning bolt--which I believe is for flashing the phone?

An hour later, I took a picture, and then edited. When I tried to close it, half of the photo closed and I had a split screen (vertical) of half the windows start screen on the left, and half the photo on the right.

I get at least one reboot a week.

I have a 950xl with the most current publicly available firmware and OS (.26)

I have never been a member of the slow or fast ring insider program

Any time someone says they never have had an issue, I punch them in the face.
    01-21-2016 08:21 PM
    Mine tends to reboot when taking pictures, sometimes when I unlock the phone. It rebooted today when I called into a meeting... I have the latest firmware and latest public build (.29) as well.

I can tolerate this only because I am using my Note 5 as my primary phone.

Can't wait for Microsoft to fix this stuff already...
    01-21-2016 08:44 PM
    No problems here. I'm on .29 non-insider.
    01-21-2016 09:58 PM
    950XL firmware 15506, Os .63. Haven't been experiencing any reboots. Previously to the full updates I would notice sometimes my phone would say it requires pin as it was restarted. So it was definitely rebooting before.
    01-22-2016 11:58 AM
    One reboot in the almost month I've owned my 950 on .36 build. I also don't notice any excessive battery drain or some of the other issues that people have experienced. I wonder if certain batches of phones are just different somehow to where there are such a wide range of user experiences.
    01-22-2016 01:49 PM
    after updating to the version of 10586.63, my smart phone has never rebooted automatically again.
    01-22-2016 07:13 PM
    I've had two reboots. Both at the gym. I used to have the same thing on my 920, and i realized that it was only ever happening when i was at work, never anywhere else. So i wonder if some external factor can trigger it.
    01-22-2016 08:16 PM
    I would revert to the normal stable build, not Insider build. Remember, Insider build is test build. Try that for a while and see if random reboots occur.

I just got my 950XL yesterday. Updated firmware and latest Insider build. Running relatively fine. No random reboots. Locked up several times, but nothing a soft reset (AKA reboot) couldn't fix. After all, it's test build anyways.
    01-22-2016 09:29 PM
    Latest build on my AT&T 950 and I saw it reboot itself while it was sitting on my desk. I was typing out an email on my laptop and I caught it out of the corner of my eye. It wasn't in use and it wasn't on the charger. It was just chillin' waiting for me to use it. Maybe it was feeling neglected and just wanted attention?
    Schnuffi likes this.
    01-22-2016 10:24 PM
    I am on .36 and have one every other day or so that I see could be more if I don't notice it. But I think it was worse with .29
    01-24-2016 09:48 PM
    I'm in .29 non insider
    most of the reboot are when i use whatsapp,
    around 2~3 times a day on whatsapp
    other non-whatsapp reboot is around once or twice every few weeks
    01-25-2016 01:10 AM