I have been a MSFT fan for over 20 years, but this is a joke...

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I actually quite like Win10M despite it's shortcomings. I have far more issues with the desktop version of Windows 10. They've even broken device manager on the desktop version, it's currently showing a hard drive in my system that isn't even in the system anymore i.e. a device identified as "250GB Samsung SSD" with properties showing that it has a capacity of 480GB (which is the capacity of the new replacement drive which isn't even a Samsung device).

The Start menu looks a mess too, corrected with the free "Classic Shell" addon... Duplication of some Control Panel apps in the new settings app, but not all, so you end up looking in one place to find something only to find it's not there but is in the other place, or it's in both - stooopid!

I posted a solution in your thread - try that and post updates in your thread - not here :).

VermaEklavya

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
On the flipside that perception will always be skewed on all forums as I said before people with issues will look for solutions and voice their experiences whereas people who have no issues won't as they don't have any need to look for solutions.

Actually, a lot of these forums are also about how people are loving their new Lumia 950 or XL. These phones are not cheap, and I think they deserve a chance to justify their purchase.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually, a lot of these forums are also about how people are loving their new Lumia 950 or XL. These phones are not cheap, and I think they deserve a chance to justify their purchase.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Looks like you have misunderstood, I didn't say one group of users can post and others can't.

That would be highly illogical :winktongue:.

I said people who have problems / issues will look for solutions therefore will invariably post about their experience.

Whereas people who do not have problems / issues will not therefore may not post about their experiences.

I hope this clarifies what I said :).

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
1. Linking inboxes and having a live tile doesn't reflect the true number of unread emails, it just keeps going up
I do have the email tile issue, but none of the others bother me or I haven't seen them. I do begin to feel a but silly for the amount of trouble with this device. I'm one of the lucky ones who can't get LTE on ATT GoPhone despite supplying them with an 'LTE IMEI', none of us on AT&T have built in Visual Voicemail support, and I can't get wireless charging to work reliably just yet. What bothers me most is that MS have not made any statements on any of these issues. Especially the first ATT LTE and VVM issues are known, they should at least comment on whether these will be addressed, but so far not a peep from MS.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Looks like you have misunderstood, I didn't say one group of users can post and others can't.

I said people who have problems / issues will look for solutions therefore will invariably post about their experience.

Whereas people who do not have problems / issues will not therefore may not post about their experiences.

Yes you are right. I don't have issues with my phones but I come to the forum to read and help people with their phone issues, in whichever way possible. However, I am also thinking of stopping to post in the forums, as most of the posts are not about issues and its about negative feedback. Every good thread is also converted as a negative thread by trolls.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you there. It's often best to simply ignore the noise of negativity and simply help people who need help. There is, however, an overwhelming sense of gloom about the place that does make it hard to maintain motivation.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you there. It's often best to simply ignore the noise of negativity and simply help people who need help. There is, however, an overwhelming sense of gloom about the place that does make it hard to maintain motivation.

Yes you are right Pete. Whenever I log on to Windows Mobile Forum, it is only gloom here. Even the trending posts on the home page are also about gloomy windows mobile posts.

Example below is the "popular discussion" on home page today.
WM10 gloom.PNG

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I hate ads ads ads everywhere in Edge browser. This was never the case in the old browser. If I wanted an ad ridden android experience I would have gotten an android phone. Argh!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Too much negativity, that breeds self-fulfilling prophecies etc etc.. WC is a joyless place of late. Don't feed it

VermaEklavya

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

It seems I did misunderstand. All good my friend :smile:

mr_vpw

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
WM10, in it's current state has a lot going for it when you actually think about the short comings of WP8.1. There are plenty, however I won't list these as there is really no point dredging up the past.

I think that depends on your point of view. For me 8.1 worked. Search worked, my browser actually loaded pages, the photos I took actually reliably uploaded, the phone didn't randomly reboot, I could control updates, the people hub worked purposefully, the tiles actually updated reliably, my e-mail arrived properly, I could actually get the images and attachments reliably, and so on and so forth, it takes FOREVER to "just finishing up" when you're just trying to view photos, you can't see what's changed in an app before you update it, the tiles regularly just "disappear" so you have the background but no visible tiles (and the background "scrolls" as far as the tile depth as if they're there), it doesn't always activate the camera from the dedicated button.... I would go on but frankly, you get the point. I've now owned this device for a few months and it is just as poor as the day I stupidly bought it.

On 8.1, it would have been nice if... I could upload in the original quality without Wi-Fi with photos, and if the camera was a bit nippier to get on with it... and that my friend was all that was wrong.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think that depends on your point of view. For me 8.1 worked. Search worked, my browser actually loaded pages, the photos I took actually reliably uploaded, the phone didn't randomly reboot, I could control updates, the people hub worked purposefully, the tiles actually updated reliably, my e-mail arrived properly, I could actually get the images and attachments reliably, and so on and so forth, it takes FOREVER to "just finishing up" when you're just trying to view photos, you can't see what's changed in an app before you update it, the tiles regularly just "disappear" so you have the background but no visible tiles (and the background "scrolls" as far as the tile depth as if they're there), it doesn't always activate the camera from the dedicated button.... I would go on but frankly, you get the point. I've now owned this device for a few months and it is just as poor as the day I stupidly bought it.

On 8.1, it would have been nice if... I could upload in the original quality without Wi-Fi with photos, and if the camera was a bit nippier to get on with it... and that my friend was all that was wrong.

True, it does depend on your point of view and it also depends how you used the phone as many I doubt would have used it intensively for work, personal use and gaming. Then found solutions or workarounds that helped their work flow / make the device work for them. (here's a freebie) For collab work, sharing OneDrive links was much better than sharing attachments :winktongue:.

I'm not going to dredge up the obvious oversights in WP8.1 since yammering on about it will not change anything for 8.1. If you want to know what I'm referring to, send me a PM and i'll happily point you to an example :).

The issues you are having on WM10 are the by product of rebooting the O/S once again almost from ground up combined with the new WaaS model.

However once the ground is steady, WM10 is going to be pretty darn good.

I got to play with the 950 yesterday properly (which was set up properly) and it was ridiculously snappy. I couldn't even force the darn thing to micro stutter (I got my cousin's brand new S6 edge to micro stutter by simply opening the email app and scrolling up + down horrendously fast - paper tearing, table scratching scribble fast :evil:. Plus won the bet that it would be the same on any demo unit - we tested 3 - different carrier outlets / phone shops).

Oh you can pin different folders... although it is not obvious (Press the hamburger icon, just tap and hold the account / folder in question then tap pin).

In terms of issues, I didn't find any.

Once my L920 is fully charged, I'm putting the slow ring insider build on it :).

In regards to being able to upload original quality over mobile data on wp8.1, I agree it would have been nice to have that option although there are rather obvious draw backs :).

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Finally got to play around with black 950XL yesterday. I want it, damn. Nice fit in my palm, W10M zipped about with apps opening like greased lightning. The only problem is I can't justify getting a upgrade from a barely year old 830. It cost USD720 retail (and no, WPhones never get carrier subsidised here) with no dock freebies. Maybe I'll re-jig my personal budget and reconsider it again a few months down the road. ... sigh...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea