• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Newsletter — sign up now! Learn More
    I wonder if any one who bought a Lumia 950XL in Microsoft online store of US between Jan12th to Jan 16th has already received your free display dock.
    01-22-2016 03:07 PM
    MS says it takes 8-12 weeks for shipping (I am in Canada). They use mailman on foot.
    Last edited by Mesbah; 01-22-2016 at 04:34 PM.
    01-22-2016 03:30 PM
    I received my 950XL last Thursday, Jan 14. I submitted my free dock offer on Jan 16. I just received the dock via FedEx 5 minutes ago. So less than a week. Interestingly, the point of origin label on the shipping box is "Microsoft Return Ctr". The dock's retail box looks to be resealed as there's traces of text stencil that is left when the security tape is removed to open the box flap just to the side of the current tape. Contents inside the box looked fine although the user guide looked suspiciously used. So this is how Microsoft gets away with sending out "free" docks. They're either returns or refurbished. Anyone else receive similar?
    01-22-2016 03:49 PM
    I am sorry to hear that. what makes me confused is that why it will take nearly sixty days to ship the package while the display docks are in stock right now.
    01-22-2016 04:27 PM
    Mine came quickly, and is brand new. Better yet, I bought the Xl second hand, so I guess the original owner never requested it. :)
    midnightfrolic likes this.
    01-22-2016 06:15 PM
    I am in Canada, I claimed it this morning, the current status is Back Ordered. I guess I will have to wait for a while.
    01-22-2016 07:32 PM
    8-12 weeks to go for me. Just ordered it last night with help from MS Store tech support. The promo never showed up in Lumia Offers. Then it shows up this morning. UGH. Too little too late. No wonder peeps were frustrated with the promo.
    01-22-2016 08:23 PM
    some guys said the free dock arrived less than a week after being claimed.
    01-22-2016 08:44 PM
    I claimed mine more than two months ago and still waiting for it. A friend got it within a week, but I'm not so lucky. I'd never expect such a joke from Microsoft. I'm really disappointed. The point is that the dock Is available on the online store for month.... Too bad
    bozvandam likes this.
    02-12-2016 11:58 AM
    I claimed mine more than two months ago and still waiting for it. A friend got it within a week, but I'm not so lucky. I'd never expect such a joke from Microsoft. I'm really disappointed. The point is that the dock Is available on the online store for month.... Too bad

Have you contacted support to find out the hold up? Something is wrong here for sure.
    02-12-2016 12:44 PM
    Yes, I did. They told me everything is ok which (imho) is not true... they said it's not in stock (but the web says it's in stock). I'll wait until 12 weeks and then maybe they agree with me anything is wrong. It could happen with a minor reseller but coming from Microsoft... I can't believe it
    02-12-2016 12:55 PM
    Got the phone Dec 3rd.
    Couldnt order the dock until Dec 12th, because it was backordered.
    Received the dock Jan 2nd..
    02-12-2016 05:09 PM
    Today I called Microsoft support for 6th time and, surprise!, they told me there was a bug with my order... 2 months waiting for nothing and 5 employees didn't really want to help me... So, finally, they canceled the order and created a new one. It should be deliver within a week (but I don't trust them anymore)
    02-13-2016 04:34 AM
    I received my 950XL last Thursday, Jan 14. I submitted my free dock offer on Jan 16. I just received the dock via FedEx 5 minutes ago. So less than a week. Interestingly, the point of origin label on the shipping box is "Microsoft Return Ctr". The dock's retail box looks to be resealed as there's traces of text stencil that is left when the security tape is removed to open the box flap just to the side of the current tape. Contents inside the box looked fine although the user guide looked suspiciously used. So this is how Microsoft gets away with sending out "free" docks. They're either returns or refurbished. Anyone else receive similar?
    So let me get this right, you traveled into the future on the 16th and submitted your free dock and somehow went back into the past and received it on January 14th. Interesting.
    02-13-2016 05:14 AM
    Is there anyways I can track my dock ? Or know the status about it.. * sorry for bad English
    02-13-2016 05:26 AM
    1. Go to your MS account online
    2. click on link provided to you by MS when sent you email confirmation that your order was complete
    02-13-2016 09:54 AM
    So let me get this right, you traveled into the future on the 16th and submitted your free dock and somehow went back into the past and received it on January 14th. Interesting.
    Erm...READ the post again. I received the PHONE on the 14th. I placed the DOCK ORDER on the 16th. The DOCK arrived on the 22nd. I do not have the capability to time travel anymore since I sold the hot tub. But thanks for quoting my comment anyway.
    02-13-2016 01:31 PM
    1. Go to your MS account online
    2. click on link provided to you by MS when sent you email confirmation that your order was complete
    I only receive confirmation email that say "Dear ariman,
    Thank you for submitting your claim to redeem your free Microsoft Display Dock.
    Your submission has been successfully recorded and your gift will be shipped to the address provided within 6 to 8 weeks.
    Kind regards,
    The Microsoft Lumia Team
    ".. That's all.. No tracking number or anything..
    02-13-2016 11:05 PM
    This looks incomplete email from MS. It happens when you
    1. do not process your gift order on your WP phone
    2. do not complete your order to the end specifying payment method (although payment= $0 still you need to provide a method like PayPal, credit card, etc. you will NOT be charged for this gift)

When this is completed you immediately receive an email from MS saying:

Thanks for shopping with us
    Dear A.A.,
    Thanks for your order from Microsoft on Jan 2, 2016. You'll find your order details below.
    We'll send you a separate email with tracking information when your products are ready to ship.

LOOK UP MY ORDER (hot link takes you to your MS account showing status of shipment)

Order number: 237848449923
    Order date: etc.

After clicking on above link you see all details including a complete invoice $0 etc.
    02-13-2016 11:23 PM
    MS Support have told me on several occasions that, and I quote, I "just have to be patient" - UK redeemed in December
    02-16-2016 06:01 AM
    Oh would you look at that. Following my last 'chat' with customer services on the 16th, my dock was dispatched on the 17th and is currently (19th) waiting at my local collection point although of course there is no implied connection between the two events whatsoever ;)
    02-19-2016 05:40 AM