Disable toast notifications on lock screen

mikeoc

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I got my 950 xl yesterday and have been having fun setting it up. Fairly new to Windows phone, so a few settings I'm still looking for. Have spent a few weeks reading this forum in prep, so am fairly up to speed with most things/issues to expect - for example my update to .29 got stuck yesterday, with low on space messages popping up, but i found a thread on here which said to plug my phone in and leave it and it eventually installed fine :)

My Glance was set to 15mins, but was always on, so now i set it to 30 seconds and it seems to like this setting. I'm missing Quiet Hrs setting, but I understand this will prob come back in a later update. Hoping the double tap to wake will come back at some point (I experimented with a 640 over the last two weeks and loved that feature). I would also like to disable vibrate on the navigation buttons, but I dont this is possible yet in Windows 10.

My question at the moment is - is there a way to disable toast notifications from apps when my phone screen is off, as at the moment the toast notification activates both the screen and Hello, which I don't think is particularly energy efficient. I still would like a toast notification when the screen is on. Is this possible?

Many thanks!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My question at the moment is - is there a way to disable toast notifications from apps when my phone screen is off, as at the moment the toast notification activates both the screen and Hello, which I don't think is particularly energy efficient. I still would like a toast notification when the screen is on. Is this possible?

Many thanks!

What's the toast notification? This is the first time I'm reading about this

BB_Jay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Chintan Gohel - toast notifications are the banner alerts you get at the top of your screen when you get a new notification.

To answer your question mikeoc, I'm not aware of any way to turn them off when the phone is locked. I could be wrong, but I haven't found a way to prevent them from coming through when my phone is locked.

BB_Jay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Actually, if you go into settings , then Notifications and Actions, de-select the option to receive notifications on the lock screen. That should do the trick....

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Many thanks!

I think this is in settings > system > notifications and actions

Check the apps which have notifications set to on. Tap on those apps and select which kind of notifications you need. For example, on my phone, if I tap on messaging, it shows I have set notifications and notification banners set on while "keep notifications private on lock screen" and vibrate are off

mikeoc

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks BB_Jay, I have turned off banners (will use the proper terminology so I don't confuse people!), but now feel I am missing something as I do find them very useful when my screen is on... sounds like I will just have to live with it!

mikeoc

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I tried de-select notifications on lock screen, but then I dont get anything showing in Glance, which I also want to keep :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Seems you want more options than are available. I don't know if you have the windows feedback app installed on the phone but if it is there, login and send a suggestion of what you wish to have. Write clearly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3