Waze map App is not working in WM10 Build .29 lumia 950 XL Non insider, what can I do?

W

WPCentral Question

Waze map App is not working in WM10 Build .29 lumia 950 XL Non insider

I downloaded the waze app from the windows mobile store and instaled it in my unlocked Lumia 950 XL buid .29 non insider and every time i open the app it crash,any sugestion? Waze and Amazon are the only apps not working in my 950 XL

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Waze map App is not working in WM10 Build .29 lumia 950 XL Non insider

Waze has not and will not be updated for Windows since it's now owned by Google. Waze support has stated this and there are many threads about this here. The app does work however its quite flaky. It will crash a few times when you first install it but after restarting the app a few times it should start working. Also you cannot use the setting for announced street names, only directions theme (without street names) will work. This is my experience on my 950 XL.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I am sure Google will crush integration on Waze as well. Just like it did for IMAP. The "Open Source" company has now become "Closed" meanwhile MSFT is increasingly more "OPEN" Too funny, and I am sure Android fans would never admit this.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
What sucks is they really do have the best traffic/gps app out there but their Windows app pales in comparison to what they are doing with iPhone & Android. The only saving grace is that they didn't pull it altogether. Even with all its bugs, its still my go to app for driving.

pgt1

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Waze map App is not working in WM10 Build .29 lumia 950 XL Non insider

I can't get any voice whatsoever on Waze, either with street name or without on my 950xl. It's still my nav app of choice but I wish it would alert me of police sightings instead of having to always glance at the screen.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Try uninstalling the app. When you reinstall it, make sure your on wifi when you first fire it up. I've found that the flaky voice file doesnt download at all if your not on wifi. Then set the voice settings to US theme (no street names).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo