New 950 XL No Problems Whatsoever

Marc Cupido 44

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Guys I also have a 950XL and I love it but does anyone have this problem when watching videos the sound would automatically go soft and then gradually come back louder? It happens when rotating the screen as well. Yesterday my phones volume was at the highest but my lock and unlock tone was super soft. Quite irretating

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Guys I also have a 950XL and I love it but does anyone have this problem when watching videos the sound would automatically go soft and then gradually come back louder? It happens when rotating the screen as well. Yesterday my phones volume was at the highest but my lock and unlock tone was super soft. Quite irretating

Mine all play choppily on build .63. What build you running?

goodbytes

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 950 XL is also working great. No crash, or reboots, or anything really.
The creaking cover sound is there, but I know why it does that. Nothing that I have no seen before from removable covers.

Beside that, and the small bug of Windows 10 Mobile (nothing show stopper, just a bit annoying), and how battery life isn't great Taking pictures and Edge really eats things), and the fact that the brightness control is annoying and can't cycle to 0%, and things like that, nothing that Microsoft can't fix over time. All in all, it is a great solid phone.

This is my first Windows Phone, and it honestly surpassed my expectations. As for people who get angry at Microsoft for porting features to other phones, honestly, they are not as well implemented as on Windows 10 Mobile. For example Grove Music is HORRIBLE on Android, but a joy to use on Windows 10 Mobile. Cortana fully works on the device, you can integrated with Windows 10 PC (I expect further integration in the future), and things like that.

mathewhayward

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine since launch and I had quite a few teething issues with it at first but they all seem to have been fixed by the updates. I have none of the major issues that people keep banging on about on a daily basis.

Roberto Velazquez R

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I have been using my unlocked 950 XL running build 10.01.10586 for more than a month, it is very stable, no crash, fast, the only complaint is about the edge browser which is draining more juice than it should
, great phone

M4cc45

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I have one major problem which is stopping me recommending this to be rolled out to staff - it affects two applications (maybe three but i need to fix that to test) and is all to do with push notifications.

Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp messages take an age to get to the phones. When testing I've had Facebook Messenger on an iPhone, Web and 950XL. The messages to the Web and iPhone are instant where as to the 950XL it can take an age. If I'm lucky, after about 30 minutes, there will be a raft of notifications (like 10 if I've had 10 messages). Sometimes I don't get notifications and messages until I go back into the app.

Personally there's probably two ares to look at either the Microsoft Push Notification Sevice or the application. I blame the applications but if I was Microsoft I'd work with them to get these issues fixed as soon as possible as they are key applications and for all the good that the phone is it's little issues like this that stop companies taking these onboard.

Some of the apps are also very poor in comparison to the Android or iPhone variety.

I really want to like the phone and get people in the company excited about using it but I know what they'd say if i showed it them now.

GnarlyBone

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Have no major issues either! The phone and OS is really coming together. Only thing bugging me right now is edge browser! Feels like it's not as fast I'd hope. But then again I feel the same on my pc so it's not the phone anyway.

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
After reading through a lot of the threads here on WC it seems to me that most of the current issues are being reported by people on the Insider Preview program. I am not on the IP and really have no desire to be on it. I just don't want to deal with pre release software. I would expect that pre release builds would be buggy and be more prone to having problems. So, I'll opt for stability over being on the cutting edge. I just sat down with my wife who is a die hard iPhone user and showed her how my phone works at her request. She seemed very impressed and wondered out loud how much she could 'get for her iPhone'.

My only issue so far with the 950xl is the iris scanner. It works about 85% of the time. But I'm also aware that its still in Beta so I don't expect it to be working flawlessly. Its cool when it works and when it doesn't, entering my PIN isn't any different than what I had to do on my Icon.

M4cc45

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I actually went on the insider program in the hope that it would fix the issues with the notifications (I'm now noticing notification lags in football update programs such as Goal Live).

I had exactly the same experience on the original one, the one i restored using the Microsoft Phone tool and the insider ones leading me to believe it's either Microsofts Notification Service or the apps not actually being designed well enough (though I've seen thousands of posts on this).

Microsoft Hello is really good. My main problem with it is that its slower than a fingerprint reader and you have to get really close to the camera. Its also slower than entering a PIN as well which makes it obsolete. I can see a use for it on a PC when you sit down it scans you but on a phone it's pretty pointless other than to show off a cool feature.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
actually compared to the iPhone 6 and galaxy s6 I find the 950xl a much more pleasing device, more study, and way better screen and camera.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine since release and I have not had a single reboot nor hang. It works great and people are heavily exaggerating the negativity. Ask people who have had one for a while and they are genuinely impressed. It also shows on customer review pages where it keeps getting positive reviews from actual owners.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
In theory battery life should not be the same as Icon. That is what tells tons about this device. It isn't what it could be and the only blame is here for its software to take. It is a quality device but when it comes to software, everything is massively let down. Surprised a software company is so good at hardware and so bad at software. But they will pull this off soon!

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp messages take an age to get to the phones. When testing I've had Facebook Messenger on an iPhone, Web and 950XL. The messages to the Web and iPhone are instant where as to the 950XL it can take an age. If I'm lucky, after about 30 minutes, there will be a raft of notifications (like 10 if I've had 10 messages). Sometimes I don't get notifications and messages until I go back into the app.

I dunno about facebook messenger but everything is instant for me with whatsapp.

mdefran65

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
My phone is functioning perfect, no crashes nothing, all the apps I have loaded are wonderful havn't had any problems finding all the apps I need as well.

love this phone!

markshenoda

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Same experiences as many have reported (running insider preview). Phone runs great, no reboots, nothing, everything is nice and zippy. But the Edge Browser is SLOWWWWW. Pages should be loading a lot faster on a phone running a Snapdragon 810. I have a 640 XL running the insider preview, and it beats my 950 XL loading most web pages in Edge. Optimizations needed!!

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Today is the first day I've had the 950xl with what I would consider "normal use" for me. I had some things to get done so I really didnt have time to explore features, mess with apps, play some games, etc. My normal use is a few hours of music, several phone calls resulting in about 90 talking minutes, a bunch of texts and some checking of FB and WC. My phone came off the charger at 845 AM and at 945 PM, battery is at 63%. I'm pretty happy with that.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I am extremely happy with it. And have had no major problems either. Three reboots since I got it, which was just after release. Battery life is great etc. I tend to get text messages on my band2 before my phone lol by a couple seconds. which is a HUGE improvement over 8.1 where I would get notifications sometimes 2 min. later on my band.

Just waiting on my mozo case now.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my 950 xl for just over 2 weeks now, Bo issues or problems. I let the phon do all the updates, including app updates, and also let it do a complete full charge before using it. So far my battery has began to increase now. At first 3 days used to say 16 hours time left until dead battery, now says over 20 hours. Give the phone a chance. I'm so glad I have this phone now.

Pavel Gotze

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
After few weeks of usage i am OK with 950 XL. I moved from Lumia 925, which was nice device i have to say as well. My overall experience is positive, even i new this device is more or less for Microsoft fans.
- Size is great, was surprised how light the device is
- Together with Mozo leather cover i have device looks perfect (but weight is higher)
- Dual sim works as expected
- Windows 10 Mobile - used already on N925, no real issues at all.
- Apps - well, apps i need are there, but of course big place for making situation better
- Battery is OK
- Windows Hello - nice feature, but not really usable, fingerprint would be better for sure

Overall, this device is definitelly not big bang, of course not. But its solid device. It just works, what else to say?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers