02-04-2016 02:47 PM
43 12
tools
    No for me it was until I disabled it from the app. After that I saw a huge difference in battery life.
    In case of WhatsApp, it takes less battery as I am heavy user of it.
    Oh you don't actually see the app listed as high Battery usage you mean? I have to just turn it off and see?
    01-28-2016 11:41 AM
    I meant like Amazon or eBay?
    No 950XL batteries even on Amazon or eBay nothing at all. But just imagine MS sells 950XL but no batteries, no flip cases, and when aking MS Stores for those items sellers respond in a nose up manner as though MS Stores are above and beyond selling stupid batteries
    01-28-2016 12:52 PM
    I also found and disabled SKYPE CONTACTS under SETTINGS>>WiFi SENSE
    01-28-2016 12:56 PM
    I was having the same problem with my 1020. A soft reset worked fine for a while: Press and hold the power button and volume down button until it vibrates 3 separate times.

It worked like a charm.
    01-28-2016 04:57 PM
    SKYPE needing frequent resets in order to stop over-draining battery must be an unworthy app
    01-28-2016 05:29 PM
    Oh you don't actually see the app listed as high Battery usage you mean? I have to just turn it off and see?
    For skype? Well you can try and see as your experience may vary. I am telling you my experience which actually works as Skype is a battery hog. So yeah go for it
    01-28-2016 06:01 PM
    No 950XL batteries even on Amazon or eBay nothing at all. But just imagine MS sells 950XL but no batteries, no flip cases, and when aking MS Stores for those items sellers respond in a nose up manner as though MS Stores are above and beyond selling stupid batteries
    Oh I see. Sorry to see your having a bad experience
    01-28-2016 06:02 PM
    SKYPE needing frequent resets in order to stop over-draining battery must be an unworthy app
    Haha
    Skype sucks on windows phone period.
    From windows phone 8.1 till now, it sucks and will suck. Why? Because MS is so busy developing for iOS and android and because of these little things, other devs are pulling out. E.g just today Wechat said they have halted W10 app develop. Now for me its not an issue but for others it is. Their reason? When MS is busy focusing on other platforms while they're users are leaving and MS is doing nothing about them, then why should we?
    I agree with them and MS deserves this. Satya has messed this company badly
    01-28-2016 06:06 PM
    Lumia 950 is amazing, but the messaging and Skype app sucks so the juice from the battery and I can't even get a full day of light-moderate use at this point. So, I tried unselecting the sync setting in messaging and Skype (some reports said that was the culprit), but that didn't make a dent in the battery draw.
    Thanks for the advice on killing Skype (signing out). Hopefully that works. Anyone else find any other answers?
    The only problem is that I actually use Skype, especially when abroad.
    You can try the app as it takes less battery than the built in one for now. If they do under the hood optimizations, then there is hope as there ain't no W10 universal app either
    01-28-2016 06:09 PM
    You can try the app as it takes less battery than the built in one for now.
    Please explain: try which app? built in one = which app? Thanks
    01-28-2016 06:12 PM
    Please explain: try which app? built in one = which app? Thanks
    The Skype app
    01-29-2016 05:58 PM
    What you can do is look in the store and install the app Messages + and deactivate the other background app with Skype. It's a lil' tad different from the usual one, but it is made by MS and works good without weight on battery. Try it and say something!
    01-30-2016 09:58 AM
    That "Skype Messaging Integration" made me leave skype on WM.
    I use skype - on the desktop and from time to time on my phone.
    Bu after that "integration" I stopped using it in my phone - drains battery is annoying...
    YES I want to write a SMS - NO I don't want to write a skype message - NO!!!!!
    New Skype Message - OK I'll check it later....
    Uuuuups it was a SMS - the service we use for short IMPORTANT information...

Logged of - disabled where ever possible - now my 950XL is a much better device than before
    01-30-2016 10:44 AM
    What you can do is look in the store and install the app Messages + and deactivate the other background app with Skype. It's a lil' tad different from the usual one, but it is made by MS and works good without weight on battery. Try it and say something!
    MS Store shows 216 apps when I search for Messages + but none found with that name.
    01-30-2016 11:02 AM
    MS Store shows 216 apps when I search for Messages + but none found with that name.
    Don't need to do that. Just do what I say. If you really want Skype, download the app and close it from the messaging app. That way it will save you battery
    02-02-2016 11:15 AM
    What do you mean by:
    ....close it from the messaging app....
    02-02-2016 01:56 PM
    What do you mean by:
    In the messaging app, there is an option of disabling Skype messaging. Thats what i meant
    02-04-2016 01:55 PM
    Maybe a coincidence, but the Messaging app on Windows desktop became a massive resource hog due to Skype background processes after a recent update (approximately one month ago). Had to go so far as to deny it execute privileges at the system users level.
    Mesbah likes this.
    02-04-2016 02:47 PM
43 12