Lumia 950XL - New SD Card - Apps Not Working, what do I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 950XL - New SD Card - Apps Not Working

I had a 64GB card in my 950XL to store all my apps, music, maps and photos/videos and was pretty soon running out of space. I got a 128GB card and copied over the contents of the smaller card into the larger card (using a card reader on my PC).

When I installed the new larger card into my phone, all my apps are coming up as "Unavailable". When I click on the app, I have two options "Store" or "Close". The store option is hit or miss, with some apps getting reinstalled successfully, while the others have a message that the product is already installed.

What's the best way for me to get all my apps back? I have a backup made before I started this thing on 1/26. Do I have to bite the bullet and restore from the backup or are there other methods for me to get all the apps from the store?

Any help appreciated

Sasha

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I found that installing apps on my card created problems, since I moved the apps back to the phones memory all my rebooting issues have disappeared. Videos and photos are still going to my ultra 64 card without any hiccups.

Franmartin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
You can first copy all your data to your phone's internal memory. After that, you can transfer or move your data from internal memory to external SD card. The apps which are movable will move to external SD card and for those which are already present in the card, then moving the app is not needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss