Wifi calling EE with 950XL unbranded

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I heard there were some problems with EE in the UK and Wifi Calling on the 950XL.
I am a using the 950XL unbranded on a Sim Only contract. Unfortunately I cant enable this feature and I cant even see it.
Anyone got a solution for me?

Swisschoc

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
From what I understand EE will only let you use their WiFi calling if you buy a handset with them and will not let you use this service if you have an sim free handset. They have removed the option on your handset through your sim card.

M4cc45

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Same - been working fine for me on EE.

To Enable it:

All Settings \ Mobile & SIM \ click on the blue SIM Settings \ Near the bottom there is WiFi Calling

paulmd

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Working for me ok. Sounds like you need a carrier update...
Turn the phone off and remove the sim, turn the phone back on without the sim and let it load. Then turn it off, replace the sim and turn it on again. You should get a sim update that enables the wifi calling in Sim Settings.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if this has something to do with the fact that I had my number switched over. because the sim settings page shows the sim number that with the EE Sim Only i received. Than I moved my number on there.. still shows the old number

paulmd

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
My number swapped yesterday and still shows the temporary number in the sim settings page - wifi calling still there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss