Potential work around for the email live tile issue of unread counts....

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Ok, let me know if this works for you. I pin various email accounts to my start screen, well one of the updates the live tile correctly and the other doesn't. So I began trying to find the differences (gmail versus yahoo...). I think the issue is a common developer bug where they don't handle lists correctly. Yahoo was my first listed email in Manage Accounts...and it DID NOT WORK. I deleted it and added it back in to where it is at the bottom and my Windows Hotmail account (which I don't use for email) is at the top of the list.

Now both my gmail and yahoo live tiles appear to work.

See if it works for you.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. I will give it a try. This is getting ridiculous with this broken live tile for email. They worked perfect before the last update.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I might add that I did one other thing to get my separate tiles to behave.
I deleted all the Start Menu Tiles for my 3 mail accounts when they were not behaving properly.
I then opened the Outlook App from the "unpinned" App launcher and went to each account, one at a time. I would "pin to start" just one account. Then close the Outlook App and remove it from the task manager to make SURE it was closed before I would move on to pinning the next account.

I too suspect there is a glitch similar to the OP suggestion, but I don't know enough to be sure.

By coincidence, I MAY have created my new pinned tiles for each account in the same order they are listed in "settings", just as the OP suggests. But I can't be sure of that either. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon